Wyoming game was.... | The Boneyard

Wyoming game was....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
...what we were looking for all along from the team. Entertaining. Yeah, we lost, but we actually looked like a football team. We moved the ball. Made plays on both sides of the ball in fact. Yeah, we need work, but that's obvious.

Finally, a pulse...

Prayers up to Myles Bell on the injury. Hoping for a full recovery for him...

Reaction Score
creative play calling

Very impressed by the play calling, and to think Mazzone and Tyler Phommachanh are quite literally just getting started. Imagine what they could accomplish if they worked together for a couple more years..............

I would argue our play calling has never been this innovative. We ran reverse flee flicker and scored a touchdown. Imagine what Mazzone would have accomplished with Pindell.

Now that we finally have an innovative play caller with a full bag of tricks what do we do next? Just let him go coach somewhere else? To be continued but this might get interesting.

Defense also looked much better. The offense finally gave the defense something to play for and they stepped up their game.

Last edited:

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
I still want to know why Edsall was staring his 3rd best QB.
I have no answer to that question but this game made me think about how college teams take after their coaches. Calhoun’s great teams played with JC’s chip on his shoulder, fighter mentality.

This team, under Edsall, played restrained, indifferent, half asleep. They played like a bunch of Randy Edsalls. Under Spanos they play with much more energy and verve.

I’m not saying Spanos is the answer, but I am saying I underestimated how much Edsall was the problem.

Banta55

Hoops since 86"
Reaction Score
I have no answer to that question but this game made me think about how college teams take after their coaches. Calhoun’s great teams played with JC’s chip on his shoulder, fighter mentality.

This team, under Edsall, played restrained, indifferent, half asleep. They played like a bunch of Randy Edsalls. Under Spanos they play with much more energy and verve.

I’m not saying Spanos is the answer, but I am saying I underestimated how much Edsall was the problem.
Agree

Reaction Score
If the trend line holds, we will beat Vanderbilt 23 to -6.

Wait. That doesn’t seem right.

Reaction Score
I still want to know why Edsall was staring his 3rd best QB.
You have been around too long to not be able to figure that out yourself. ;)
I asked in the chat but didn’t follow? How was the crowd?
Many of us are home with a horse .... opps bad word but yes throat. Small but lively engaged crowd, something to cheer for or against the entire game. It's been awhile ..... 12 / 13 and change, boosted a bit by nine high school bands in the house for band game.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

This is what I meant last week when I said he wasn't the right gut to motivate players in this era. It takes more. Dan Hurley chest bump kind of more. Does anybody think we actually recruited worse players than Holy Cross? The problems haven't been X's and Os.

Reaction Score
If they can continue to show progress and improvement, we may be able to pull in a more attractive name than once believed. They're showing they can make plays and the defense held pretty stout for 3 and a half quarters. Hopefully we drop the 4 mil on Moorhead, get him for 3 years before he moves on and make us into an attractive job again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom