WVU season ticket sales | The Boneyard

WVU season ticket sales

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Two things struck me. First, nice to see they aren't doing so well. Second, I'm trying to picture Mountaineer fans in Austin:D

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Fish out of water...

" WVU still has tickets available for its away games, including the Sept. 7 clash against Oklahoma, in Norman.

A few WVU organizations are looking to make the trip to see the Mountaineers play the Sooners. WVU’s band is trying to raise funds so it can travel to the game.

The Alumni Association is providing an accommodations option for the game, starting at $379. The accommodations include hotel, transportation to the game and a welcome gathering.

Airfare and a ticket to the game are not included in the package. Packages can be ordered by visiting by wvusportstravel.com  ."

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Since the on-line fanbase almost universally craps on the old BE and the schools it was "forced" to play there, I'm glad to see it. They could get a nice presence for a bowl game every year by planning ahead and saving, I guess, but good luck flying to every away game. Texas season tickets are down for the third year in a row, which is probably true for a lot of places.

Reaction Score
I'm a fan of any stat that reinforces what a mistake this last round of conference realignment was. Who wants tradition, rivalries and games they can drive to, when they can have a few more bucks that will just get pissed away anyhow?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
$379 each for a ticket hotel and a stupid gathering is such a naked cash grab it's amazing anyone pays it.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
That conference needs a travel buddy for WVU bad.

Reaction Score
I am sorry, but I am a really smart person and I have no idea what the hell this travel partner thing is. I understand it for the PAC-10 and how they schedule basketball, but what the hell does it have to do with football? Game on SAturday, fly in, play, fly home. what the hell would having Cinncy in the league matter except 1 game every two years that is easier to get to? Is that really that big a deal? How does that help the other four far away games?

Really, in football, this makes NO SENSE to why this matters at all!

Reaction Score
I am sorry, but I am a really smart person and I have no idea what the hell this travel partner thing is. I understand it for the PAC-10 and how they schedule basketball, but what the hell does it have to do with football? Game on SAturday, fly in, play, fly home. what the hell would having Cinncy in the league matter except 1 game every two years that is easier to get to? Is that really that big a deal? How does that help the other four far away games?

Really, in football, this makes NO SENSE to why this matters at all!

It really doesn't matter for football unless the team stays on the road for the week and plays two games, which I doubt they do often.

It is definitely of value in all of the other sports though. If Texas baseball flys east to play WVU and can then squeeze in a game at Cincy before heading home, the savings really add up across all sports.

For those that don't know, a travel partner is kind of a misleading name. The partners aren't actually doing the traveling. For example, Duke and UNC are good travel partners. BC soccer can fly into Raleigh/Durham and play Duke then bus it over to Chapel Hill for a game with UNC. This saves BC money.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I believe that BCU has only outdrawn 2004 once in conference home games attendance since joining the ACC.

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
Game attendance is a broader issue across college football. That fact was also mentioned in that Dodd article summarizing all the conference media days. It's probably a bit more impactful for WVU given the change in competition (i.e. they are losing more), less familiar opponents and not having the Backyard Brawl every two years at their place.

I feel no schadenfraude though. Every fan base has their share of whacko Internet trolls but WVU was a standout performer for the Big East and had some great clutch performances. The game after Jazz died, I've only heard incredibly good things about the way in which their fan base, players, coaches and staff behaved.

The true shame of WVU is that it reflects the craziness of conference realignment and how all the conference commissioners who are tasked with having the best interests of the schools, their fans and the student-athletes in mind, all went for the cash and killed a lot of the passion behind the game.

Reaction Score
That conference needs a travel buddy for WVU bad.
The problem for WVU is there's barely anyone left. The ACC beat the Big 12 to that (Pitt and Louisville). We call ACC leadership inept? The Big 12 is even worse.

The Big 12 could have taken in Pitt, Louisville, Cincy, UConn and one more school and sat pretty at 16.

Reaction Score
Fish out of water...

" WVU still has tickets available for its away games, including the Sept. 7 clash against Oklahoma, in Norman.

A few WVU organizations are looking to make the trip to see the Mountaineers play the Sooners. WVU’s band is trying to raise funds so it can travel to the game.

The Alumni Association is providing an accommodations option for the game, starting at $379. The accommodations include hotel, transportation to the game and a welcome gathering.

Airfare and a ticket to the game are not included in the package. Packages can be ordered by visiting by wvusportstravel.com  ."
Norman, Oklahoma must be one heck of a tourist destination.

Reaction Score
$379 each for a ticket hotel and a stupid gathering is such a naked cash grab it's amazing anyone pays it.
Not if it includes the cost to ship the couches for the pre/post game bonfire!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom