WVU rejected

Status
Not open for further replies.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
It's impossible to read anything on the WV board

Reaction Score
If they've been turned down by the ACC already, wouldn't it bode well for uconn and rutgers if they've both applied and have not been rejected? Did Nova really apply to the ACC as well?

Reaction Score
The Gospel according to Lou Holtz:

"You don't apply unless you know you are going to get accepted."

Can't see WVU going through the process of applying without knowing they were in. My guess is that they were told not to apply at this point/or at all until things shake out. It's not like they are throwing mud on the wall and see what sticks.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
The Gospel according to Lou Holtz:

"You don't apply unless you know you are going to get accepted."

Can't see WVU going through the process of applying without knowing they were in. My guess is that they were told not to apply at this point/or at all until things shake out. It's not like they are throwing mud on the wall and see what sticks.
i think people are confusing "being in talks" and "actually applying". if WVU approached both conferences, who met, and said "even if we are expanding we are not interested", that's being rejected, but not because they applied for membership...

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
i think people are confusing "being in talks" and "actually applying". if WVU approached both conferences, who met, and said "even if we are expanding we are not interested", that's being rejected, but not because they applied for membership...

That's what it looks like happened. Interesting note which most people already know, but some might not: WVU's AD, Oliver Luck, is Andrew Luck's father.

Reaction Score
it will be good if UConn doesn't get an invite anywhere so we stay with WVU in the new setup .

Reaction Score
I agree that you don't fill out an application until you're invited. Herbst said today that UConn has not filled out any applications. So all is speculation at this point. And this could go on for months!

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
it will be good if UConn doesn't get an invite anywhere so we stay with WVU in the new setup .
Exactly. But I wouldn't count out WV getting reconsidered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom