wvu board thread | The Boneyard

wvu board thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
That actually is the reason why I was puzzled by people who were vehemently against adding Baylor to the Big East when those rumors were kicking around. Good basketball (men's and women's although women's doesn't really matter obviously). Good football. I understand they have some stuff to prove once RGIII is no longer around but the same could be said of any team that has been rumored to the Big East. Boise loses Moore, Houston loses Keenum, no one else has really had football success comparable to those three teams. Sure Boise was successful before Moore and will probably continue to be a very good team, but I don't see why Baylor can't continue to be a top 25 team.

Reaction Score
That actually is the reason why I was puzzled by people who were vehemently against adding Baylor to the Big East when those rumors were kicking around. Good basketball (men's and women's although women's doesn't really matter obviously). Good football. I understand they have some stuff to prove once RGIII is no longer around but the same could be said of any team that has been rumored to the Big East. Boise loses Moore, Houston loses Keenum, no one else has really had football success comparable to those three teams. Sure Boise was successful before Moore and will probably continue to be a very good team, but I don't see why Baylor can't continue to be a top 25 team.

Interesting, although we wouldn't do as well if the weights were closer to the mindset of decision-makers in the top leagues. Something on the order of 75% football, 20% men's basketball and 5% women's basketball seems about right (or, more accurately, 5% everything else including women's basketball).

BCU's ranking is certainly good for a laugh. If Flipper comes out of this year with his job it can only mean that he has compromising photographs of someone in the school hierarchy.

Reaction Score
GDF will still have his job because BC does not care. It has nothing to do with excellence and everything to do with collecting a pay check.

BC may very well end up being Indiana in football and ............well.........BC in hoops.........

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
BCU is the David Lee Roth of college athletics...

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score

Yankee Rose is a better song than anything BC has accomplished in the ACC.

Reaction Score
They may have to get use to looking up at Umass on that list.......that's gotta hurt.

Reaction Score

Nope, not buying it. BCU was not the key (and easily the most talented after UConn) member of the BE, and when BCU left, the BE did not become a parody of itself. On the other hand, you are right that BCU started strong in the ACC but quickly found itself singing with polka bands at the bottom of the ACC.

Reaction Score
Yankee Rose is a better song than anything BC has accomplished in the ACC.
The video was on the other day on VH1 Classic and my 5 year old wanted to know if they were boys or girls singing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom