WTNH SportzEdge: How will UConn football fare in 2017? We break down the schedule | The Boneyard

WTNH SportzEdge: How will UConn football fare in 2017? We break down the schedule

Reaction Score
In this poll I predicted, at best, an 8 win season. That's assuming the sun, moon and all the stars line up. But it is more likely that we will have a 4 win season with wins over Holy Cross, East Carolina, a surprise win at home against Missouri and Boston College.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
All those teams stink. We're going 12 and 0. Ok, maybe 9-3. Alright, 6-6 is my final offer.

But, seriously none of those teams are any good. None of these game will be decided by talent alone.

Reaction Score
All those teams stink. We're going 12 and 0. Ok, maybe 9-3. Alright, 6-6 is my final offer.

But, seriously none of those teams are any good. None of these game will be decided by talent alone.
False

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Don't know how anyone can predict anything about our team this year. New (old) coach, new staff, probably new QB, new offense (we had none last year) , new defense (we had none to brag about last year), same over-priced concessions, and same fans that will leave early to beat traffic almost every game. That's another UConn first down!! 0-12, 12-0 and all permutations in between.

SubbaBub

Reaction Score
False

Don't know how anyone can predict anything about our team this year. New (old) coach, new staff, probably new QB, new offense (we had none last year) , new defense (we had none to brag about last year), same over-priced concessions, and same fans that will leave early to beat traffic almost every game. That's another UConn first down!! 0-12, 12-0 and all permutations in between.

You guys are no fun.

Reaction Score
... and same fans that will leave early to beat traffic almost every game.
Only if the outcome is obvious. We left at the half several times last year and felt that we were exhibiting our loyalty just by showing up and being in our seats for the kickoff. Sometimes in the rain. By the end of the season we didn't even bother doing that.

SubbaBub

Reaction Score

Only if the outcome is obvious. We left at the half several times last year and felt that we were exhibiting our loyalty just by showing up and being in our seats for the kickoff. Sometimes in the rain. By the end of the season we didn't even bother doing that.

The team does have some obligation to make the play on the field worth staying around. The bar right now is set so low, It's hard to remember what going to the game an feeling confident in a pleasant experience. For example, I might just pee myself if we return a punt for a TD, or less likely return a punt.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Still hoping for a 5 win season. Looking for an active, open offense and a defense that hits and hits hard.

Anything past 5 wins would be gravy.

mikedog10

Tailgating Enthusiast
Reaction Score
How will UConn fare this season? The author only actually predicted the outcome of one game (penciling in a W vs ECU). There were also a few comments that got my attention:

"Huskies fans can probably pinpoint for you exactly where last season went wrong—and it was a home shutout loss at the hands of Temple on Nov. 4. That’s when Bob Diaco handed the keys to the offense to a freshman, Donovan Williams, who’s now a wide receiver.

It wasn’t all Williams’ fault, but the team proceeded to score 13 points in its final three games and faceplant to the finish line."

Fans can pinpoint, things went wrong way before that. Ever hear of Navy, bro?

"BC embarassed UConn, 30-0, in Chestnut Hill last season, after Diaco handed the reigns over to Donovan Williams at QB, and the Huskies’ offense flatlined. It likely would have been different if Bryant Shirreffs were still under center."

We can all agree the QB management last year was questionable, but seriously, give Donavan a break. The season was lost well before he was thrown to the wolves.

Sportzedge could learn a thing or two from the Boneyard!

Reaction Score
Actually we have an insanely competitive schedule this year.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Fans can pinpoint, things went wrong way before that. Ever hear of Navy, bro?
I was at that game. It was quite a kick and ironically enough, prophetic as to the rest of the season.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom