WTIC | The Boneyard

WTIC

ElGuapo

What does that mean, in-famous?
Reaction Score
Awful news.
Typical though of every other bedrock institution failing these days.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
Other than nostalgia, and not knowing the particulars of this contract, why is this "bad?"

I can't reliably listen to UConn in the most populated area of CT at night. Our state is the size of a postage stamp.
A change to the radio network is a good thing, if the $ is where it should be.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
You should also be able to get all games with the iHart app on your phone.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I'm out of state so this is good thing for me, though it is surprising how far TIC gets.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Comments are entertaining....

• The UConn Athletic Program has fallen so far since Jeff Hathaway was disrespectfully marched out of his office. It is hard to fathom the continuing incompetence since he has left the program. (MCGA)!

Reaction Score
97.9 signal does not carry into southeastern Connecticut. They better get an affiliate station down this way.

Reaction Score
Ahhh...the idiosyncrasies of AM ground wave propagation....

Reaction Score

• The UConn Athletic Program has fallen so far since Jeff Hathaway was disrespectfully marched out of his office. It is hard to fathom the continuing incompetence since he has left the program. (MCGA)!
That just made me spit out my coffee...I’m laughing hysterically!

Reaction Score

That just made me spit out my coffee...I’m laughing hysterically!

It is hard to comprehend Hathaway's incompetence while he was at UConn. If there had been any movement during his time on the athletic facilities that are now finally looking to come on line (soccer, baseball, softball, ice hockey), UConn athletics could be in a completely different place.

Reaction Score
It is hard to comprehend Hathaway's incompetence while he was at UConn. If there had been any movement during his time on the athletic facilities that are now finally looking to come on line (soccer, baseball, softball, ice hockey), UConn athletics could be in a completely different place.
Agree 150%!!!

ElGuapo

What does that mean, in-famous?
Reaction Score

I'll admit that the shock has worn off a bit from Friday now that details have come out about the 97.9 partnership.

My point was mainly that there are certain things you can count on in life that have always been there for you.
Tuning into WTIC1080 for UConn games I'm not at or listening to the wrap ups from ones I am driving away from.
Familiar friendly voices that you are comfortable with and respect because of their knowledge and history.
The weird AM radio sound that sometimes fades in and out depending on light poles and other weird stuff just adds to the experience.

I'm 42 so its not like I am some old fogey lamenting the death of AM radio.
Just one of those things I could count on for consistency during a good part of my life.

And again, as details came out on where they are now going I think we'll all be better off with hopefully improved coverage.

Reaction Score
I'll admit that the shock has worn off a bit from Friday now that details have come out about the 97.9 partnership.

My point was mainly that there are certain things you can count on in life that have always been there for you.
Tuning into WTIC1080 for UConn games I'm not at or listening to the wrap ups from ones I am driving away from.
Familiar friendly voices that you are comfortable with and respect because of their knowledge and history.
The weird AM radio sound that sometimes fades in and out depending on light poles and other weird stuff just adds to the experience.

I'm 42 so its not like I am some old fogey lamenting the death of AM radio.
Just one of those things I could count on for consistency during a good part of my life.

And again, as details came out on where they are now going I think we'll all be better off with hopefully improved coverage.
I’m 54 and a bit more fogey-ish. My attitudes/emotions were similar. In the end I think this is better.

Contrary to many posters on this board, I liked Joe D a lot. Going to miss him if he is not brought back.

Reaction Score
Fair enough ElGuapo; some of us never had nearly as much WTIC dependency nor interest, many found Dambrosio less than listenable especially for football or during almost any pre- or post- game commentary, etc. Times and technology change and 1992 let alone the 1950s just aren't walking back in the door. As you appear to acknowledge, most people wishing to listen to audio broadcasts will find a way. Onward and upward, especially if AD David Benedict's created a way to expand coverage nationally and globally while generating more badly needed athletics department revenues ...

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
Geez, I know it is radio but if UConn wants to engage the Fairfield County fan you would think they would want to have a station that reaches into...Fairfield County.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom