WTIC 1080 Top Ten UConn Games | The Boneyard

WTIC 1080 Top Ten UConn Games

Reaction Score
For those who missed, last night, Joe D and Bob Joyce recapped 26 years of WTIC 1080 covering UConn games. They gave their top 10 games during that 26 years across all sports and only two football games made the cut. I synced the audio from last night's broadcast with the game footage.

9.) 2010 UConn vs. USF

Reaction Score
I would rate winning the BE and getting into a NYD bowl on last second kick way ahead of beating a bad Notre Dame team. New Englanders tend to way overrate ND football.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
I would rate winning the BE and getting into a NYD bowl on last second kick way ahead of beating a bad Notre Dame team. New Englanders tend to way overrate ND football.

That was such a fun game. I stormed the field and helped to hoist up the kicker as a sophomore in high school...great memory

Reaction Score
I have mentioned this in the past but in the Notre Dame game when DT Kendall Reyes ran downfield and caused that fumble by Floyd, what a play. Teggart missed the field goal and then Moe Petrus gave him a hug and said we were not done. That team had so much character. I sat and watched Tim Brown catch the ball and run right at me and ruin our first home game after Jasper was murdered which came after a great comeback by our guys. Unbelievable shock and sadness. But I knew we would not quit. The Notre Dame game is the best win in our football programs history. Teggart stepped up huge at the USF game and I hope and believe we are going to see a return to those days with HCRE2.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
I have mentioned this in the past but in the Notre Dame game when DT Kendall Reyes ran downfield and caused that fumble by Floyd, what a play. Teggart missed the field goal and then Moe Petrus gave him a hug and said we were not done. That team had so much character. I sat and watched Tim Brown catch the ball and run right at me and ruin our first home game after Jasper was murdered which came after a great comeback by our guys. Unbelievable shock and sadness. But I knew we would not quit. The Notre Dame game is the best win in our football programs history. Teggart stepped up huge at the USF game and I hope and believe we are going to see a return to those days with HCRE2.
Moe Petrus was an incredible recruiting find. Durable kid, 4 year starter on the line. Oh.............Ca...........na...da..........

Reaction Score
Who cares if ND was down. I hope we never play that self-entitled program again so that their record book shows UConn as the only program they never beat.

My friends and I refer to the Notre Dame game as "The Moon Game" because the idea of UConn football one day going to South Bend and winning once seemed as improbable as putting a man on the moon.

Reaction Score
I'm old and can't remember the years (after retirement they all run together) but some memorable home games were the DJ Hernandez two point conversion Pitt game. The win against Houston a couple years ago. Some of the most memorable have been against USF. The snow game. The one where USF was highly ranked and fans rushed the field.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom