Wrong Night! | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Wrong Night!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Wasn't responding to you particularly. I just think (no, know) that on Labor Day weekend they will get complaints whenever they play the game, so personally I don't worry about it. Thursday night isn't so convenient for me because I'm tired at work Friday. Saturday afternoon isn't so great for me because that is a weekend my wife would expect to go away (with me). It is what it is.

Agree with that 100%. No matter what UConn does, there will be complainers. Uniforms, DJ, hype man, on field reporter, home game, away game, nuetral site, umass, buffalo, ND, new unis, old unis, block c, cross branding, transfers, grad school transfers, etc, etc, etc.

One thing is certain, this fan base is never short on complaints.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Agree with that 100%. No matter what UConn does, there will be complainers. Uniforms, DJ, hype man, on field reporter, home game, away game, nuetral site, umass, buffalo, ND, new unis, old unis, block c, cross branding, transfers, grad school transfers, etc, etc, etc.

In our fan base's defense that is our most 'Big Time' quality.

Reaction Score

Just to be fair, I think we acheived consensus on the DJ........

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score

I tell you, right now I wish the game was tonight... or this afternoon.

Can't wait.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
I work about 18-20 hours on weekends during the season. So I love the weeknight games from a selfish POV.

Reaction Score

Only because we care! lol. Don't forget too, Randy left without a "good by" to his players, not all fans are in their seats at kickoff, fans standing in the scoreboard end of stadium, open against Hofstra (too boring), opening against Michigan (too tough,we needed to have had a game under our belt first), fans leaving early, too much congestion leaving Rentschler after games (so in hindsight maybe not enough fans left early), not enough fans standing on key third down or fourth down plays, fans coming to the game disguised as "empty seats", cheerleaders or maybe "spirit squad (or whatever they called it)etc., etc., etc. In fact, maybe the opener should be played on Thursday morning at 8 a.m. so that those folks who work evening jobs get to see at least one game live (and maybe schools could schedule field trips to the games for their students).

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
Only because we care! lol. Don't forget too, Randy left without a "good by" to his players, not all fans are in their seats at kickoff, fans standing in the scoreboard end of stadium, open against Hofstra (too boring), opening against Michigan (too tough,we needed to have had a game under our belt first), fans leaving early, too much congestion leaving Rentschler after games (so in hindsight maybe not enough fans left early), not enough fans standing on key third down or fourth down plays, fans coming to the game disguised as "empty seats", cheerleaders or maybe "spirit squad (or whatever they called it)etc., etc., etc. In fact, maybe the opener should be played on Thursday morning at 8 a.m. so that those folks who work evening jobs get to see at least one game live (and maybe schools could schedule field trips to the games for their students).

Also, you think fans that might stay home from a game because its on Thursday are "hardcore".

Reaction Score
That's very funny. The decision has already been made -- next year I will either take vacation earlier or get my roster review done earlier. I won't fail again!

BL, free "contributions" should not be subject to a deadline. Here are two words you may want to, occasionally, use: "duck em."

By the way, the "previews" are great. Thank you.

Reaction Score
BL, free "contributions" should not be subject to a deadline. Here are two words you may want to, occasionally, use: "duck em."

By the way, the "previews" are great. Thank you.

I think the mocking of my screwups were perfectly fair and in good fun. And since I hold others to a standard that if you don't have anything to say there is no reason to say anything, I have no issue being held to the same standard.

But thank you.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Just to be fair, I think we acheived consensus on the DJ........

I think the DJ is OK. I love Sandstorm, especially at night games. The first time I heard it was awesome.

Reaction Score
I think the DJ is OK. I love Sandstorm, especially at night games. The first time I heard it was awesome.

The music is fine. What I can't stand is feeling like I'm in a nightclub with the banter on the mic. It's just so minor league.

Reaction Score
Pretty sure that most of this post is BS, but regardless, I'll bite:

Nothing says "diehard" fan like staying home for the opener.

Maybe we could ban any blowhard on the board who LIVES IN CT and is not bothering to go to the game for about a month?????? Just scan a pic of ur tic stub or produce a tailgate photo to remain in "the show". C'mon Mods, make it happen!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom