WR Bryce McNeal to UConn? | The Boneyard

WR Bryce McNeal to UConn?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
He said "UConn it might be" on his twitter at 4 PM yesterday. Also he told Ashiru that he was coming but then said to him he wasn't sure just yet. This would be a good get to help replace the Moore's and give us some more experience.

Reaction Score
I understand why PP is going after all these JUCOs and transfers. But, I'm telling you, it is not without its risks.

Reaction Score
P is a seasoned vet. This kid graduated in three years. Im guessing P believes he is of good character if he is bringing him in. By my count he has targeted to jucos, Whitmer and Glowinski.

Bill Snyder at Kansas State has twice guitar ISU into a national program using JUCOS. Not saying that is the way for UConn to go, but it can be a way to force yourself into the top 25.

Reaction Score
I think you mean Kansas State not ISU.

Using JUCO's is okay as long as it's not the rule in your recruiting philosophy. Meaning traditional recruiting that is offset by a couple of JUCO's to establish experience at NEED positions while the young guys recruited traditionally gain experience and maturity etc. School's have in the past dipped heavily in the JUCO market and not had the young guys on board so they dug the hole and couldn't fill it in because there would be a large group leaving constantly creating many NEED positions to fill forcing them to dip back into the JUCO pool heavily again.

Either way I hope this is true, followed his recruitment out of HS, seems like a solid transfer if true, and it's definately a NEED position for us.

Reaction Score
Auto correct sucks. He guided KSU, DIDN'T GUITAR ISU.

I think what you are saying is what P is trying to do. Whitmer and Glowinski seem to be the JUCOS targeted. I too followed Bryce's recruitment, and I seem to remember that his HS GF was a bball player at UConn.

Reaction Score
Yeah I think you're right about the GF, I was going to mention that as well but for the life of me I can't remember who she was, too lazy to look as well.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
he will grad in the spring so he has 1 more semester to go at clemson. he is a great add at a position where we need guys to fill time now, not develope. with smith coming back, phillips comming in and now mcneal i am a little excited about our O next year. can you blame me? a juco qb who can sling it, yea he threw some ints but he also racked up yards. we have a great rb to add to it. im quietly excited about the spring game. where will will see some of our new guys.

Reaction Score
When is the signing deadline on this kid, the normal Feb?

I ask because from what I read, I think he wants to go to Cal, but hasn't gotten the offer yet. Think he'd enjoy it here and really be able to stand out early, though...

Reaction Score
so has this been confirmed? it seems the only thing indicated was a noncommittal remark on his twitter page.

Reaction Score
Your boy is officially a Uconn huskie

just tweeted that.....spelling? but otherwise great pickup

Reaction Score
Hope its true. I believe he has two years of eligibility left. We need playmakers.

Reaction Score
Yeah I think you're right about the GF, I was going to mention that as well but for the life of me I can't remember who she was, too lazy to look as well.

His GF is Tayler Hill and she's @ Ohio State.

Reaction Score
This is a no brainer. He will take one schollie for two years. He plays a position where he has accomplished more than anyone but one player on our roster, and that one we have to hope is making grades and eligible again. And it's a guy who has played at the BCS level, kept his nose clean and graduated in three years.

I don't see a down side. And I think there is a good chance he's starting when UMass comes to the Rent (if he comes).

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
I was thinking the same thing, what are these risks?
You don't get 4/5 years to build kids in your system when you're bringing in JUCOs/transfers. Quicker turnover, more recruiting to do because of it.

Reaction Score
I sure hope McNeal finds a way to get on campus this coming semester, so he can get acclamated (sp?) to UCONN football NOW instead of this coming Summer

Reaction Score
His GF is Tayler Hill and she's @ Ohio State.
thanks, it's coming back...a little, she's a basketball player if I'm not mistaken and probably was at some point being recruited by Geno.

Reaction Score
couldn't resist so I went to his twitter account, it's all over it right from his mouth, he's a Husky!

Reaction Score
I sure hope McNeal finds a way to get on campus this coming semester, so he can get acclamated (sp?) to UCONN football NOW instead of this coming Summer

No. He has to graduate first. If he transfers before graduating, he has to sit out a year.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
You don't get 4/5 years to build kids in your system when you're bringing in JUCOs/transfers. Quicker turnover, more recruiting to do because of it.

In our situation, it would be a risk to not try to build up the talent level in the O skill positions by any means necessary. Otherwise, you won't be around the 4/5 years to build kids in your system .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom