Wow - The Old Ball Coach pulled the plug. Spurrier to retire effective immediately | The Boneyard

Wow - The Old Ball Coach pulled the plug. Spurrier to retire effective immediately

Status
Not open for further replies.

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score

Am I the only one who thinks of this when thinking Spurrier. You think visors are cool?!?!?

Reaction Score
Agents for head coaching candidates are now visibly salivating over the bidding war about to start. It isn't often we see kid-season openings at both USC East and West at the same time---not to mention Maryland. Let the games begin.

Reaction Score
I think Edsall would be a fit @ North Texas...They axed their coach too after finishes up an 0-6 start by getting b*tchslapped by FCS Portland St 66-7.. at home I believe (ouch)...

Reaction Score
I think Edsall would be a fit @ North Texas...They axed their coach too after finishes up an 0-6 start by getting b*tchslapped by FCS Portland St 66-7.. at home I believe (ouch)...
Edsall and Texas HS coaches? A fit? Umm, yeah I'm gonna go with not a fit.

Reaction Score
Not for nothing but if Matt Rhule moves on, Edsall would be a perfect fit at Temple.

Reaction Score

... and this fits in this thread how? :confused:

Reaction Score
there was mention of other schools losing coaches, which is how I fit it in..

Edsall can coach the heck out of a mid major... IMO, I think he can do it in Texas too...

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Maryland and Bowling Green should have just made a trade.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
He's never been the same since:

"We've never been a great team this year. We've been a decent team. Offensively, we've not done all that much. We've scrambled around here and there. Defensively, we played pretty solid most of the year. But anyway, we just thoroughly got beat today. I thought we could play with UConn. I didn't think they were going to shut us out, which they probably should have done. We hardly ever had great field position. We got the one turnover when they fumbled, but that was on our own 40.

"They outplayed us today. They didn't miss many tackles; we missed a whole bunch. They just played very well. Give them credit."

th

Reaction Score
I just watched over the years what Edsall did for us.. He instilled discipline and got way more out a lot less in terms of talent.. Same age group, no matter the culture.. My thing is maybe P5 conference level isn't really his cup of tea.. I think the guy can excel at the Mid Major level is all, as a HC... but, at the same time he'd probably do well as a position coach in the NFL... like where he started from.

and yes, I still think he was an a**hole for leaving us high dry the way he did.. but the guy has some coaching ability.. he can build boys into men...

31GuardTrap

Bringing back the basics
Reaction Score
He will not get an FBS Head coaching job out of the gate unless it's G-5 school. No P-5 school will take him right now. He did zilch at MD and did not help his cause one bit from day 1 down there.
Position coach in the NFL or Assistant at a big FBS school is my prediction on his landing for the next year or so.

Reaction Score
Steve cited a low point of this season as being down to UCF at half time. Our biggest win is his biggest embarrassment and wake up call that it is time to go.

Reaction Score
Spurrier had personality, I'm going to miss him and the way he would take shots at his rivals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom