Wow...that was a kick in the nuts | The Boneyard

Wow...that was a kick in the nuts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
They need Purvis back badly, and then they need to get some wins. That should have been one.

Reaction Score
Because this misery of a conference and our now brutal OOC loses, we are looking at an 8 or 9 seed best case scenario. Hope Boat is okay.

Reaction Score
Really can't leave their best shooter with a WIDE open 3 to win it. Hamilton must fight through that pick.

Reaction Score
Hard to fault them too much. Last possession was bad, but defense was good overall. Cassell was more or less awful the entire game.

Reaction Score
Cassell is a average ball player that should have limited role on this team if its going to succeed.

Reaction Score
Brutal shooting. These guys have pretty nice looking jumpers to be so bad. Hope it comes around. Also hated the sloppy inbound after the TX 3. Hamilton was at half court with 2.2 second to go, could have gotten a clean look from 25 feet if caught in stride.

Reaction Score
That was unfortunate... I am not as excited for the Duke game anymore after watching Texas coming to Gampel and beat us

Reaction Score
Great effort today but the worst possible outcome. With the quality of our league, we desperately needed this win. Now it's time to hibernate from the board til next game.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Hard to beat anyone with 18% from three and 30% shooting overall. Defense was solid in 2nd half other than leaving Holmes open on last shot.

Reaction Score
I'm not willing to give up on any of the individual players, and I thought their defense was fantastic up until that last play, especially given how exhausted they must have been.

But let's get real: our conference sucks, and we have only 3 chances left to get OOC wins: N-Duke, @Stanford, @Florida. They need to go 2-1 in that trio of games, of they're in deep trouble.

Reaction Score
Game-winning 3 for Texas and Boat gets hurt. The last 4.4 seconds couldn't have gone much worse.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
If Boat will be out or less effective for an extended period of time, it could be really bad for us. Or maybe it'll force the other guards to mature quickly, I dunno.

Reaction Score
Great game, terrible ending. Team is slowly being defined as a tough, aggressive, defense oriented bunch.

If we can improve our shooting we will go far.

Reactions: pj
Reaction Score
We need Cassell to make open shots. I'm pretty sure he can but he needs to find his shot. He hasn't shot great percentages in the past but he has the stroke to do it. I am not willing to accept him as a bad shooter seeing him out there. He's a guy that can start making shots for us.

Reaction Score
Cassell is a average ball player that should have limited role on this team if its going to succeed.
No, Cassell is an average ball player who no role if he can't make wide open shots...absolutely brutal game.

H

huskymagic

that last play was emblematic of what's wrong with this team and the type of year this is going to be. Kevin Ollie didnt have the team prepared at all on the last possession. Everyone knew that Holmes was going to get the ball there for the 3 and he got a wide open look. Boatright was a warrior as well as Hamilton. T-Sam and Kentan provided good toughness, rebounding, and defense.

Sam Cassell should not be playing at all he is horrible and a liability with his foot speed. This was an infuriating loss and now the Duke game becomes a big must win with Florida likely to be not ranked and Stanford as well. Cassell's play allowed the game to be close and Kevin Ollie looks lost with this team. You need to have the players ready at the 3 point line to defend and allow the 2 if necessary.

Reaction Score
We need Cassell to make open shots. I'm pretty sure he can but he needs to find his shot. He hasn't shot great percentages in the past but he has the stroke to do it. I am not willing to accept him as a bad shooter seeing him out there. He's a guy that can start making shots for us.

What makes you think he has a good stroke?

Reality is he is a career 33% 3 point shooter....no reason to believe he's gonna get better overnight...maybe in a year or 2...

He and TSam are roleplayers that should play 10 min a game max...we need Purvis and pray that Omar is an upgrade

Reaction Score
that last play was emblematic of what's wrong with this team and the type of year this is going to be. Kevin Ollie didnt have the team prepared at all on the last possession. Everyone knew that Holmes was going to get the ball there for the 3 and he got a wide open look. Boatright was a warrior as well as Hamilton. T-Sam and Kentan provided good toughness, rebounding, and defense.

Sam Cassell should not be playing at all he is horrible and a liability with his foot speed. This was an infuriating loss and now the Duke game becomes a big must win with Florida likely to be not ranked and Stanford as well. Cassell's play allowed the game to be close and Kevin Ollie looks lost with this team. You need to have the players ready at the 3 point line to defend and allow the 2 if necessary.

The thing about posts like this is that you wouldn't be saying any of that if that shot had rimmed out.

Tough result, but the narrative completely changes because of it, a lot of times unfairly.

Reaction Score
Well, look on the bright side... We just gave a top 10 team all it could handle with a starter and key bench player out. Sucks that we lost, sometimes a team needs a heart breaker to get them going a bit.

Reaction Score
He played more than be would if Purvis is healthy.

Brimah was terrible too. He can't finish in traffic, rarely gets a big rebound it seems and unless he gets a lob he virtually can't score. Going into the year I thought the front court would be solid. Other than some moments from Facey it's a real disappointment and weakness.

Hard to fault them too much. Last possession was bad, but defense was good overall. Cassell was more or less awful the entire game.

Reaction Score
He and TSam are roleplayers that should play 10 min a game max...we need Purvis and pray that Omar is an upgrade

Team played very competitively with those 'role players'. The only issue I saw was point production (missing shots) from more than our role players.

This UConn team is pretty good, meaning that apparently we have some real good role players. I'll take them without hesitation.

Reaction Score
Up 5 with probably six possessions to push it to 7 and Cassel turning it over several times and at least two missed shots while Hamilton doesn't touch the ball. That's the ballgame.
Watching Cassell Jr piss the game away taking awful shots. I'm just watching thinking "do you really think that shot has a chance?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom