Wow...Sterling Gibbs is up for Adoption...serious post | The Boneyard

Wow...Sterling Gibbs is up for Adoption...serious post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
On page 3 you will find Omar Calhoun, Michael Nolan and Kevin Ollie...

Mojo Dawgs

Reaction Score
A little OT rant but if these dogs are from www.cprdogs.com I would not go near them. I had a bad experience adopting a dog from them. They lied to me about the dog being healthy and when I brought her to the vet 2 days later there was a bunch of stuff wrong, so I decided to bring the dog back to them, they said they will get the dog all fixed but when i checked a week later i found out the dog had died.

They ship all the dogs up from the south, then have vets lie to say they are cleared for adoption, They are kept in a horse stable 10-15 dogs in each one with the "healthy" dogs on one side and the "sick" dogs on the other. When I picked mine up it was covered in its own filth.

It's not just me that had a bad experience, when i called CT animal control on them they say they get a ton of complaints but nothing they could really do about it.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
A little OT rant but if these dogs are from www.cprdogs.com I would not go near them. I had a bad experience adopting a dog from them. They lied to me about the dog being healthy and when I brought her to the vet 2 days later there was a bunch of stuff wrong, so I decided to bring the dog back to them, they said they will get the dog all fixed but when i checked a week later i found out the dog had died.

They ship all the dogs up from the south, then have vets lie to say they are cleared for adoption, They are kept in a horse stable 10-15 dogs in each one with the "healthy" dogs on one side and the "sick" dogs on the other. When I picked mine up it was covered in its own filth.

It's not just me that had a bad experience, when i called CT animal control on them they say they get a ton of complaints but nothing they could really do about it.

Wow. Sorry to hear that. My wife and I adopted a half lab/half husky from them last year. Had nothing but a great experience and he's perfectly healthy. Guess it's the luck of the draw

Reaction Score
They really should name all these dogs Kemba/Shabazz/Rayray/Caron/Emeka/Ben if they want to beef up the adoption rate

Dove

Reaction Score
Sad to hear about your experience @cw00dson24. Every night my wife and I look at each other and wonder how we are lucky enough to have adopted the best dog ever. Yep, she came up through Companion Rescue..

Reaction Score
Wow. Sorry to hear that. My wife and I adopted a half lab/half husky from them last year. Had nothing but a great experience and he's perfectly healthy. Guess it's the luck of the draw
Sad to hear about your experience @cw00dson24. Every night my wife and I look at each other and wonder how we are lucky enough to have adopted the best dog ever. Yep, she came up through Companion Rescue..

Thank You. I am sure a lot of people had good experiences with them also, i'm glad that you both did. I'm sure its the same with every adoption place, some good and some bad. I'm just going to do a little more research the next time i adopt.

Dove

Reaction Score
Thank You. I am sure a lot of people had good experiences with them also, i'm glad that you both did. I'm sure its the same with every adoption place, some good and some bad. I'm just going to do a little more research the next time i adopt.
We were at the Southbury horse barn. Had no idea there was a "sick dog stall". Lucked out.

Reaction Score
long time lurker...not many times a poster....but we adopted a pup after 2014 down in wash d.c. and his name is SHABAZZ

Attachments

• rsz_20160221_150956-1.jpg
    rsz_20160221_150956-1.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 50
Reaction Score
Have a great almost 7 yr old Jack Russell/Cocker Spaniel rescue dog. From Petfinder.com. Great dog , still thinks she's a pup. :):):):):)

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
We were at the Southbury horse barn. Had no idea there was a "sick dog stall". Lucked out.

Do you go to the dog park in Southbury? It's terrific. Huge, and there's a stream in the back where the dogs can swim if they want. Most of the dogs are pretty friendly, too, and there are usually plenty of dogs there, even on weeknights.

Dove

Reaction Score
Do you go to the dog park in Southbury? It's terrific. Huge, and there's a stream in the back where the dogs can swim if they want. Most of the dogs are pretty friendly, too, and there are usually plenty of dogs there, even on weeknights.
Rico...we drove from Madison.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score

I would of picked up the phone and dropped serious dimes.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Around my area there are billboards with pictures of puppy's on it and it reads "Don't buy from puppy mills." So started to think, if people don't buy from puppy mills, what happens to them. I don't know if I could bring a pup back. I would get the dog on its paws then bill the place I got it. If they didn't pay I would offer them free advertisement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom