Wow, just noticed RU came all the way back against MD | The Boneyard

Wow, just noticed RU came all the way back against MD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Looks like Randy still sharts at the sight of Rutgers. Joking aside, I miss those 7-5, records.

Reaction Score
Apparently Rutgers has a voodoo doll of Randy, he is tortured by them with some very rough losses. Maryland was up by 24.

BTW Rutgers offensive coordinator Ralph Friedgen must have enjoyed this win.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Looks like Randy still sharts at the sight of Rutgers. Joking aside, I miss those 7-5, records.
I guess his job is safe with the transition. If he can't get to 9 wins by his 5th year though I would think they move on.

Reaction Score
I guess his job is safe with the transition. If he can't get to 9 wins by his 5th year though I would think they move on.
UMD fans hate him. They must be delusional... like us.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
Apparently Rutgers has a voodoo doll of Randy, he is tortured by them with some very rough losses. Maryland was up by 24.

BTW Rutgers offensive coordinator Ralph Friedgen must have enjoyed this win.
Funny S4it!!!!

Reaction Score
The double whammy, smallest crowd of the year and Ralph Friedgen is the Rutgers OC.

Edsall remains what he is, a decent coach. Nothing more.

Reaction Score
LOL at all of the Edsall needlers.

We are 15-32 since he left. You all couldn't wait til he left. You got what you wanted. Enjoy.
Stop. He got what HE wanted. He wanted out and he got it. Like I said, I wish were 7-5.

Reaction Score
UCONN and Edsall were both losers in this. Randy has to be on shaky ground with the Terps. He tore the whole thing down to rebuild it and in doing so lost a ton credibility (right or wrong). Had he stayed at UCONN he could have continued the building process. With the team and schedule in 2012 Randy would have won anywhere from 9 to maybe even 11 games. We would have been bowling in both '11 and '12. He might have positioned himself for a really big gig and UCONN would not be in the mess it is in now.

Reaction Score
the other irony involved here is former MD coach Friedgen is Rutgers' OC, yes? karma....

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
I think we owe much of FHCRE's departure to Hathaway. Remember how he begged and publicly lobbied for raises for his coaching staff? Edsall was smart enough to know his weaknesses - he knew he needed some high level recruiters, serious snake oil salesmen. Hathaway didn't want to stress the budget, but instead of thinking outside the box (grow profit or tap your donor base) he focused on simple math. Edsall had been reported to interview for several jobs before Maryland, so he likely had one foot out the door either way. Maryland gave him better recruiting territory, a more stable conference and a bank account to bring in the recruiter he needed (Locksley). You can't blame Edsall for making the move. The irony was that 7 games in during the 2010 season, we were 3-4 coming off a shutout loss to UL and 97% of this board wanted him gone.

I still don't think he's a next-level guy, but if he was still here I think we would have bowled 3 of the last 4 seasons. Of course, if he was still here he would annually be rumored for every low-level P5 coaching gig east of the Mississippi.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Edsall would be the king of the American. It's like they created a league just so he could be the best coach in it. He's a bit too good for the MAC and not quite good enough for the ACC or Big 10.

Reaction Score
The double whammy, smallest crowd of the year and Ralph Friedgen is the Rutgers OC.

Edsall remains what he is, a decent coach. Nothing more.
You continue to out do yourself.

Reaction Score
LOL at all of the Edsall needlers.

We are 15-32 since he left. You all couldn't wait til he left. You got what you wanted. Enjoy.
Exactly.

The fact people banged on Edsall is mind boggling. It is amazing how many people just do not get it

Reaction Score
Edsall walked a fine line between pretty good and good. He never even threatened being very good. We talk about this over and over so it is totally redundant, but Edsall didn't believe he could do any better. Those were good times, but we saw his best work.

Whaler is spot on though. Randy would rule this conference. He'd put together the exact same teams he used to and put them up against a weaker schedule. He'd win 10 games often.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom