Would you take a chance on DGB | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Would you take a chance on DGB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/co.../dorial-green-beckham-kicked-out-of-missouri/

Dismissed from mizzou after multiple violations of team rules, but former #1 player in the country and a stud of a wide out. We lose Davis after this year. Yes or no?

This is not the type of player that UCONN wants. Don't get me wrong I hope DGB gets rehabilitated and turns the corner but not at UCONN. That is not the type of player that UCONN needs to reinvent itself with. ESPECIALLY since the Hernandez travesty is so close to home. Here's a bit from Diaco on recruiting. Don't think recruiting guys like DGB is part of his recruiting strategy.
Here’s what new UConn Coach Bob Diaco talks philosophy on recruiting.

“The formula for changing any of this stuff is, own your distinctions, embrace your distinctions, and target players that are interested in those distinctions – for example: there’s a dynamic player in the state that wants to be a bio-genetic engineer and that’s a big part of his life. He doesn’t necessarily love that more than football but he loves it. You can’t go to a better school. We’re right here. We play great football in a great conference and you’re able to be at one of the cutting edge institutions for bio-genetics.”

For the record, Diaco is a big believer in the success of the American Athletic Conference…

“It’s good football with good teams,” he said.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Louisville has disgraced themselves in their pursuit of a P5 invite. Absolutely disgraced themselves. I'm not willing to go that far. If that's what it takes to get an invite I'll find something else to do with my time. I'd be out.

And if that's the case, let me recommend Trinity football as an alternative. Big time college football is played out the way Louisville is doing it when you are on the outside looking in. Also don't think that Louisville has disgraced themselves at all . . . . their programs have done quite well, in fact.

Reaction Score
And if that's the case, let me recommend Trinity football as an alternative. Big time college football is played out the way Louisville is doing it when you are on the outside looking in. Also don't think that Louisville has disgraced themselves at all . . . . their programs have done quite well, in fact.

False. Even Louisville is an outlier. Mizzou is bigtime and they let him go,

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Going to Oklahoma according to the college gameday twitter account

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics