Would you feel differently about Coach VIneyard Vines | The Boneyard

Would you feel differently about Coach VIneyard Vines

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
if he didn't wear those stupid pants and make up that stupid rivalry or blow so much smoke at press conferences? Serious question here. Kids play hard. They go to class. Are good ambassadors for the school. Do great community service etc. Obviously the record is awful but am wondering if we wouldn't be calling for his firing if he didn't do all the stupid Shiite. Thoughts?

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
It's the product on the field and the asinine coaching during games. He could look like coach Fridge for all I care.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I don't care about the pants, and the Conflict wasn't that big of a deal. The press conferences only matter to me because it just shows he is completely disconnected from reality.

It's hard to say what I'd think about him if he wasn't completely insane.

You left off one huge piece - recruiting is a tire fire, it makes it almost impossible for him to fix things.

Reaction Score
If he won games, no one would care about the ConFLiCT or his damn red pants. Even though he and all that comes with him is corny.

Reaction Score
It's part of the equation, but only because he's losing. Act like that and win, and you're eccentric. Act like that and suck, and it just confirms that you're an incompetent loon.
Wasn't there a winning coach who said they could find a dead hooker in my truck and the people would still support me? As a fan all I care about is winning, hopefully without breaking too many rules.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
I don't care about the pants, and the Conflict wasn't that big of a deal. The press conferences only matter to me because it just shows he is completely disconnected from reality.

It's hard to say what I'd think about him if he wasn't completely insane.

You left off one huge piece - recruiting is a tire fire, it makes it almost impossible for him to fix things.

It's true. This year, recruiting basically doesn't even exist. I think we've only recruited one player with a registered rating on 247 or rivals. not that star ratings are the end all be all, but when the recruiting sites don't even have thumbnail pics of all of your recruits or any info on em, you're in a bad spot.

Reaction Score
It comes down to wins and success. Point. Blank. Period. He hasn't found it.

Reaction Score
It's true. This year, recruiting basically doesn't even exist. I think we've only recruited one player with a registered rating on 247 or rivals. not that star ratings are the end all be all, but when the recruiting sites don't even have thumbnail pics of all of your recruits or any info on em, you're in a bad spot.

On top of it, the 2014 and 2015 classes were giant whiffs. It seemed like he had righted the ship with the 2016 class, and now this . . .

Reaction Score
The way any coach is viewed will always be through the prism of wins and losses. Guys like Mike Leach and Jim Harbaugh might be as nutty as Coach Fish Oil Cakes, but they win more than they lose so they are viewed as quirky by the general public and beloved by their fan bases. Diaco on the other hand speaks in riddles, dresses like a 6 year old, and fields an offense that is allergic to scoring touchdowns. He's also a known liar. If I were a Uconn Alum, when this jackass opened his mouth to speak I would want to put my fist down it.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
People who believe the pants have something to do with it are downright stupid. Criticism on merits is welcomed and thought-provoking to read - unhinged rants about red pants, not so much.

Reaction Score
We're probably still reaching the conclusion that he is not the right person to fix the problems at Uconn and would not be surprised if the school let him go. This season was a disaster from Navy forward. However, I don't think the fever-pitch to fire him would be as high or loud. I think the [if only bare] majority of us would accept that he will get another year to see if he turns things around considering the buy-out.

It's the lack of awareness in the press conferences that make me worry that he doesn't have a handle on the ultimate issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom