Would the AAC look at MTSU? | The Boneyard

Would the AAC look at MTSU?

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Another NCAA tourney win, of course their coach will probably be a candidate for every major opening that pops up though. I knew nothing of their football so I looked it up: 5 straight winning seasons (if you count 6-6). They open with Vandy, Cuse, Minnesota next year. Obviously they're pretty much just another random CUSA school at this point but they're on the rise. I know they reached out to the AAC when it seemed imminent we had 2-3 teams bouncing to the Big12. Prepared to be flamed.

Reaction Score
I know, back when it looked like the league was gonna fall apart. Will we think about adding them without departures though?

Sorry - I posted that before you edited OP.

Maybe they come in w/ WSU when the ACC raids the AAC.;)

Reaction Score
Only if they can change there name to Tennessee State, have to lose the middle part

Reaction Score
How about the REAL Tennessee State then...for the current one and MTSU becomes just Tennessee State

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
They would have beaten us in football and hoops every year since 2014 and further back for just football. You guys are still turning up your noses at names. We need to add solid programs and they will turn into bigger names.

Reaction Score
All of these schools have the same problem: they are mid to lower-level teams that have virtually no pull in their markets. MTSU is a nice program sure, but they are, if we are being generous, the 4th most popular team in Tennessee.

I assume Alabama and Kentucky both have more fans in TN than MTSU. Sure, they are a decent team, but they don't make the league more formidable. They add another mouth to feed from a putrid TV contract without adding any cognizable market to sweeten the pot for the existing members. No one is decking out in diamonds and furs from the Murfreesboro market addition here.

This league needs contraction. Not addition.

Reaction Score
If we add these crap teams I am fine with Big East and whatever for football. Season ticket holder in both sports, but god Wichita st? Middle Tenn? This is such a horrible situation

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom