Worst shows in television history | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Worst shows in television history

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Calliou is so bad that even young kids make fun of it, but Fairly Oddparents and its screaming ilk are worse in my view. They over-stimulate the young viewer while providing caustic, sarcastic shtick that seemingly tries to translate to bad behavior. This makes the awkward, balding, milquetoast kid seem like an ok hang.

Barney friggin' blew.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
I have only seen reruns, but 2.5 Men is a bad combination of rote formula and poor writing. If Sheen didn't have a different stunner on the show every week no one would watch.

Reaction Score
I have only seen reruns, but 2.5 Men is a bad combination of rote formula and poor writing. If Sheen didn't have a different stunner on the show every week no one would watch.
I think 2.5 Men was awesome. The way Charlie just tools on his brother, good stuff. Not a show for the masses, which is a plus, but certainly not a bad show. The stunners work.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Have to put New Girl and The Mindy Project with 2 Broke Girls. I've given all multiple chances. Can't remember a smile, let alone a laugh.

I also think Blue Bloods deserves a spot on this list. It satisfies all criteria (#4 x 3, with Selleck, Walberg, and Moynahan.). I started watching it because Bridget Moynahan was in that mid-40's sweet spot, but it soon became unbearable. 1 family, 2 NYPD commissioners, 3 highly decorated officers, 1 NYC ADA, all above reproach? In that town? I suppose it is possible, but unlikely.

Blue Bloods is tough to watch. This show cycles through every cop show cliche in every episode I that I have seen. The fact that it is a hit definitely warrants discussion, although I don't think the show is truly terrible as much as it is mediocre.

Reaction Score
Blue Bloods is tough to watch. This show cycles through every cop show cliche in every episode I that I have seen. The fact that it is a hit definitely warrants discussion, although I don't think the show is truly terrible as much as it is mediocre.
Is it better than Magnum P.I.? Someone I know has two boxers (not Dobermans but same idea) and every time I see them, I can't help but think "Zues, Apollo."

Reaction Score
Calliou is so bad that even young kids make fun of it, but Fairly Oddparents and its screaming ilk are worse in my view. They over-stimulate the young viewer while providing caustic, sarcastic shtick that seemingly tries to translate to bad behavior. This makes the awkward, balding, milquetoast kid seem like an ok hang.

I would think kids shows deserve their own category, good and bad (and I'll argue iCarly is one of the better sitcoms of any genre in the last 20 years).

That being said, Caillou is possibly the worst program ever aired in the history of television.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I would think kids shows deserve their own category, good and bad (and I'll argue iCarly is one of the better sitcoms of any genre in the last 20 years).

That being said, Caillou is possibly the worst program ever aired in the history of television.

Caillou is abysmal.

As is Franklin and the show I hated the most when the kid was a baby, Little Bear. The orchestra music in that stupid show made me want to kill someone.

Reaction Score
Any show produced by Chuck Lorre is terrible. 2.5 men, Big Bang Theory, How I Met Your Mother. All terrible.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Caillou is abysmal.

As is Franklin and the show I hated the most when the kid was a baby, Little Bear. The orchestra music in that stupid show made me want to kill someone.

Little Bear sucked badly.

The Fresh Beat Band is still the worst live action, kids show ever produced that ran 3 seasons or more. There are 62 episodes of this garbage. The premise of a bunch of teenagers acting as role models to young kids is flawed. The fact that there were literally "mini me's" of the leads among the young extras is creepy. The casting was terrible, with the entire cast in their late 20's. The redhead had such little talent that she must have been blackmailing one of the producers to be in front of a camera. They couldn't sing or dance, and the music was terrible.

I would go between homicidal rage and inconsolable anguish when I watched this show because it was so terrible, which is why I finally banned it.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
How I Met Your Mother

That's another one I actually like. At least for a couple seasons. The premise wore thin, but that's true for most shows. Again a likable cast w/ some laughs as far as I was concerned.

I don't know if Friends was truly the original or if there was something before that. Same blueprint keeps getting used. Group of urban 20 something friends prior to marriage/kids hanging out together and doing goofy stuff. HIMYM, New Girl, Happy Endings (that one was hilarious I thought), maybe more? It's a formula that works for a while, then the group kind of outgrows the story or wears out their welcome eventually.

Reaction Score
Any show produced by Chuck Lorre is terrible. 2.5 men, Big Bang Theory, How I Met Your Mother. All terrible.
I don't watch many sitcoms anymore because of the variety of shows available, but 2.5 men and Big Bang Theory are two of my favorites.

"The contents are irrelevant. A legal bailment has been created." A++ And Penny is hot.

Reaction Score
ALF

The West Wing. A show about a bunch of know it all’s preaching/yelling at each other.

Reaction Score
Any discussion of the worst TV Shows ever without including "My Mother The Car" misses the point. I am fixing that. Yep 30 episodes.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom