Worst home loss for Florida in nearly 25 years | The Boneyard

Worst home loss for Florida in nearly 25 years

Reaction Score
Rarely have I seen a press release on an official team site be so impressed with how their opponent played. I was stunned to learn that we delivered them their worst home loss since 1998. A entire year before we stunned the world.

“When it was over the Huskies had a fifth straight victory over a high-major opponent, a 10th win in as many tries by double-digits and had handed the Gators their worst home loss since No. 8 Kentucky pounded Billy Donovan's third team 79-54 on Feb. 18, 1998. Nearly a quarter-century ago.”

This too:

“It's that simple. The schedule still lists at least 22 more games, with a bevy of excellent teams on the slate. None, though, will be as good as UConn.”

This team is pretty impressive.

Gators No Match for No. 5 Huskies

Reaction Score
“Richard, the transfer from Belmont and team leader in field-goal, 3-point and free-throw percentage, was held scoreless for only the second time in his 43-game career. Bonham went 0-for-7 from the floor. Lofton, the St. Bonaventure transfer back in the lineup after miss two games with back pain, failed to score for the first time in his 123-game career. Reeves was tops among the quartet with seven points.”

Impressive

Reaction Score
I liked how the write up ended…considering the fact that theSEC is solid

“It's that simple. The schedule still lists at least 22 more games, with a bevy of excellent teams on the slate”

None, though, will be as good as UConn.

g_smith

made my username before I noticed the UConn theme
Reaction Score
This is more than anyone could ever ask for I am laughing with delight

Reaction Score
I liked how the write up ended…considering the fact that theSEC is solid

“It's that simple. The schedule still lists at least 22 more games, with a bevy of excellent teams on the slate”

None, though, will be as good as UConn.
Interesting statement indeed, because at least they were home for us. They’re going to be on the road agains the current #7, #8, and #11 ranked teams. I guess he just meant pure team make-up.

Reaction Score
Considering they have played final 4 loaded teams like Kentucky, and other solid SEC teams, with a smattering of top non conference opponents, I actually think avoiding a 20+ point loss for 25 years is pretty remarkable as a positive statement for their program. Even our beatdown was really 10ish for most of the game until we cut their heart out towards the end. I'm actually a bit impressed.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Interesting statement indeed, because at least they were home for us. They’re going to be on the road agains the current #7, #8, and #11 ranked teams. I guess he just meant pure team make-up.
Well considering we pounded Alabama, who could be the class of the SEC, there probably aren't any SEC teams as good as us.

Reaction Score
I had nightmares for years of '94 and Donyell's FT bricks, so beating them in every matchup since has been good therapy.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom