Worse yet if o'brien leaves PSU ... | The Boneyard

Worse yet if o'brien leaves PSU ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If he leaves will Diaco become PSU's first choice? Something to think about guys.

Reaction Score
If he leaves will Diaco become PSU's first choice? Something to think about guys.

Have you seen his name mentioned in any of the widespread speculation or did you come here just to torment the fanbase?

banging head on computer.gif

Reaction Score
Diaco wouldn't even be in the top 10 or maybe even top 20 for PSU. They will go for top line current HCs. They are not in a position to gamble on a college assistant w/ no HC experience.

PSU would be a graceful landing spot for Munchak who will likely get canned by the Titans

Reaction Score
Probably just my own paranoia based on our history. Just think Diaco is the right fit for us.

Reaction Score
Diaco wouldn't even be in the top 10 or maybe even top 20 for PSU. They will go for top line current HCs. They are not in a position to gamble on a college assistant w/ no HC experience.

PSU would be a graceful landing spot for Munchak who will likely get canned by the Titans
Munchak or James Franklin from Vandy

Reaction Score
Let's not forget they'd have to find a coach who would WANT to coach at PSU right now. That coach is hamstrung for the next few years in recruiting and scholarships, plus there's what, two more years with no bowl? Not to mention the stigma. I can't fathom there being a long line of coaches waiting to take that job. Some, yes, but not nearly as many as it would've been three or four years ago.

Reaction Score
I think Munchak is the favorite candidate for the PSU job if O'Brien does actually leave. He was born in PA, played for PSU, and he has HCing experience (current Tenn. Titans coach)

I would like to see what will happen with some of the recruits if O'Brien leaves. Hopefully Diaco can reel some of them over here.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
My top choices for head coach:

Lembo
TJ Weist
Ambrose
:)

Petrino
Leach
Schiano
Kiffin