Works for Chip Kelly, Bill Belichick... | The Boneyard

Works for Chip Kelly, Bill Belichick...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I would probably go the opposite direction and dumb things down a bit. Have our guys hit the guys in front of them. Baby steps Mike, baby steps........

Reaction Score
We can't even get the right players on the field after a time out on third down. If we run the no huddle we might get so confused that Chris Whitmer might hand the ball off to the other team.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Haha, fair points. But I refuse to believe that Oregon players are that much smarter than ours. More talented, perhaps. But Kelly operates with the belief that his team can learn end execute the concepts... And amazingly they do. We operate in a constant state of fear.

Reaction Score
Contrary to popular belief, no huddle actually simpifies the playbook, and does not allow for substituting on the defense, further simplifying reads for the QB and offensive line.

So, yes, its a no brainer. Unfortunately we have coaches with no brains...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: pj
Reaction Score
What is the primary advantage of offensive football? The initiative to know the play before the snap. No huddle doubles, triples this advantage by giving the defense less time to react...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

pj

Reaction Score
Great story Mike! I agree, would love to see us do this.

Jimmy, if you can reduce play calls to a single word or a number and a word, you have simplified your playbook. That's dumb enough for everyone to learn those plays.

Reaction Score
I don't get why it hasnt caught on more. The No Huddle fast tempo offense destroys a lot of defenses. I still remember that Colts game where Perry Fewell for the Giants was in something like his 4th game as the DC for the Giants. Peyton and the Colts caught him in his Nascar setup where it was all smaller DE's and mobile linebackers and just kept no huddle running the ball all the way down on the field. I think that is the game where we got the faked injuries to slow it down. It really made a fool out of fewell and it has that effect on a lot of DC's.

I think we have that mindset on the defensive side of the ball, we just need something outside of the stoneage on the offensive side.

pj

Reaction Score
Fast might be an understatement when describing Oregon’s offense. When they’re really going, they get plays off in five seconds. Oregon fans will boo the chain gang moving the sticks on the sideline because they are holding up the offense. Oregon players tell tales of defenders saying that if the Ducks go any faster they’re going to vomit or pass out....
The unquestioned goal of the Patriots’ offense is not to run plays into a defense alignment where the play has little chance at success....
The Patriots were most lethal in the 33 no-huddle snaps, rushing for 7.3 yards per attempt with 21 first downs and four touchdowns from Brady, who completed 85 percent of his passes with an amazing 11.8 yards per attempt.

I would be so, so excited if UConn did this!

Reaction Score
Promising but only if run, run, pass incomplete on 3rd and long, punt aren't also happening at a faster pace. Fast pace, slower pace, still gotta get in the end zone.

pj

Reaction Score
Promising but only if run, run, pass incomplete on 3rd and long, punt aren't also happening at a faster pace. Fast pace, slower pace, still gotta get in the end zone.

What has me excited is the 7.3 yards per rush and 11.8 yards per pass with 85% completions in a system where the QB selects the play at the line from a limited repertoire so that it always targets a weakness of the defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom