OT: Worker's Compensation Lawyer in Boston area? | The Boneyard

OT: Worker's Compensation Lawyer in Boston area?

tdrink

Pessimistic idealist
Reaction Score
Sorry to put this up here, but currently no other options than the inter webs. My 22 year old child who recently moved from CT to the Boston area was badly injured by a patient of her employer. She needed after hospitalization care and had to be moved home. My wife has taken on the full time job of fighting workers comp to authorize the procedures already ordered by her doctors instead of leaving it to the 22 year old with a TBI.

We are a month in and just finding out we have no advocates.

Reaction Score
Call any of the attorneys in this CT, WC section, and they should know who are the best in the Boston area. Probably they make referrals there.

dantheman

@instorrsnow
Reaction Score
Sorry to hear you and your family are going through this ordeal. Please don’t take this as direct legal advice because I clearly do not fully understand your situation without further discussion.

That said, I practice catastrophic injury and wrongful death in CT and did some larger WC in a prior life, and would contact Benjamin Zimmerman of Sugarman & Sugarman with respect to a consult to see if there is a third party liability claim that can be brought along with the WC claim.

With respect to the WC aspect, I would reach out to John Sheehan of the Law Offices of John Sheehan, LLC.

Feel free to message with any follow up and good luck.

Reaction Score
I agree with the others, you want to explore not only the workers comp claim, but evaluate separately the viability of a third-party liability claim, since a third party liability claim typically enables greater recovery than a workers comp case alone. And you may be able to pursue both. That way, you could receive work comp benefits for your child now without delay, and later if there is a third-party liability recovery that may be greater than the Worker’s Comp benefits, you can recover the third-party claim and pay off the Worker’s Compensation benefits thru that case as a lien. And you can probably get the Worker’s Compensation benefits negotiated so the ultimate recovery larger. But, definitely explore both options make make sure both attorneys are aware so they can best act in your child’s interests. I hope everything works out for your child in the end.

tdrink

Pessimistic idealist
Reaction Score
Thanks for the suggestions. The expectation is that she will eventually have a full recovery. The length of recovery, set backs along the way and the long term unknowns make it tough to always maintain optimism.

I highly recommend not having a brain injury.

Reaction Score
Thanks for the suggestions. The expectation is that she will eventually have a full recovery. The length of recovery, set backs along the way and the long term unknowns make it tough to always maintain optimism.

I highly recommend not having a brain injury.

Sorry to hear and the best of wishes for a full and healthy recovery to your daughter!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom