Word of advise for our Defense from Lawrence Taylor | The Boneyard

Word of advise for our Defense from Lawrence Taylor

Reaction Score
29699590db4b24c301e670836648bcdb.jpg

No drugs or hitting women or anything like that. Just play like a mad mean ticked of SOB and Kick some A..

Reaction Score
DAN GARTLAND Monday June 19th, 2017
"Hall of Fame Giants linebacker Lawrence Taylor pleaded guilty Monday to driving under the influence charges stemming from a September drunk driving arrest."

Associated Press Monday Sept. 25th, 2017
NEW CITY, N.Y. (AP) -- Former NFL star Lawrence Taylor pleaded guilty Thursday to sexual misconduct and patronizing a prostitute, misdemeanor charges that carry no jail time but require him to register as a sex offender. "She told me she was 19," Taylor, standing with his hands clasped behind him, said in court as he admitted having sex with a prostitute who turned out to be a 16-year-old Bronx runaway.

Lawrence Taylor arrested; NFL star charged with DUI - CNN - CNN.com
www.cnn.com/2016/09/03/us/lawrence-taylor-arrested-in-palm-beach.../index.html
Sep 3, 2016 - NFL legend Lawrence Taylor arrested -- again -- in Florida. ... (CNN)Lawrence Tayloroften had no trouble finding the quarterback during a 13-year NFL career that enshrined him in the Pro Football Hall of Fame in 1999. ... He was arrested Friday in Florida on a DUI charge.

Not such a great role model.

Reaction Score
"Hall of Fame Giants linebacker Lawrence Taylor pleaded guilty Monday to driving under the influence charges stemming from a September drunk driving arrest."

NEW CITY, N.Y. (AP) -- Former NFL star Lawrence Taylor pleaded guilty Thursday to sexual misconduct and patronizing a prostitute, misdemeanor charges that carry no jail time but require him to register as a sex offender. "She told me she was 19," Taylor, standing with his hands clasped behind him, said in court as he admitted having sex with a prostitute who turned out to be a 16-year-old Bronx runaway.

Sep 3, 2016 - NFL legend Lawrence Taylor arrested -- again -- in Florida. ... (CNN)Lawrence Tayloroften had no trouble finding the quarterback during a 13-year NFL career that enshrined him in the Pro Football Hall of Fame in 1999. ... He was arrested Friday in Florida on a DUI charge.

Certainly not a great role model. I'm pretty sure the previous posters were looking for his on field intensity to show up on our defense and not his off the field lifestyle.

Reaction Score
No personal attack Carl, just my opinion that this is an all time low for you. Not the idol I would want my players to have. Watch film on one of the greatest ever yes, but live like a bad ass NO.......That and Rock Bottom Supplements add ????

The only quote I would use from LT is here, and I have to admit I was a big fan of his play on the field.

I had everything working my way, strong as a bull. And still I ignored the rules of the game of life. Lawrence Taylor
Read more at: Lawrence Taylor Quotes - BrainyQuote

Reaction Score
29699590db4b24c301e670836648bcdb.jpg

No drugs or hitting women or anything like that. Just play like a mad mean ticked of SOB and Kick some A..

Hey Carl - what was your read on the overall team psychology this week? Did we want it as bad as ECU?

Reaction Score
Hey Carl - what was your read on the overall team psychology this week? Did we want it as bad as ECU?

No personal attack Carl, just my opinion that this is an all time low for you. Not the idol I would want my players to have. Watch film on one of the greatest ever yes, but live like a bad ass NO..That and Rock Bottom Supplements add ????

The only quote I would use from LT is here, and I have to admit I was a big fan of his play on the field.

I had everything working my way, strong as a bull. And still I ignored the rules of the game of life. Lawrence Taylor
Read more at: Lawrence Taylor Quotes - BrainyQuote

Not talking off field. Our defense is worst in the country and you go politically correct on me. Talking about intensity and on field attitude!
Perhaps you need to hear what Bill Belichick said about LT. certainly a higher authority on football talent than you! Give me a break!

Belichick called Taylor “the best defensive player I’ve ever coached, by a good margin.”

Bill Belichick: Lawrence Taylor could tell who was blocking him by the fear in their eyes

Reaction Score

He's no role model but in his prime nobody was a better defensive player than LT!

Reaction Score

D line no going after QB few if any TFL's
Linebackers were decent but need more blitz packages
D backs were soft and gave way too much both over the middle and on deep corner routes.
Tre Bell is a huge disappointment!

Im at a loss for words at how soft our defense is overall. They play with zero intensity!

Reaction Score
D line no going after QB few if any TFL's
Linebackers were decent but need more blitz packages
D backs were soft and gave way too much both over the middle and on deep corner routes.
Tre Bell is a huge disappointment!

Im at a loss for words at how soft our defense is overall. They play with zero intensity!
My basic test is do you hear hitting at the LOS and on contact...20 rows up and it sounded like a flag football game.

Reaction Score

Yeah but could he play football. Hopefully this will make up for all the crappy defense we have all witnessed in the last three UCONN games:

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Not talking off field. Our defense is worst in the country and you go politically correct on me. Talking about intensity and on field attitude!
Perhaps you need to hear what Bill Belichick said about LT. certainly a higher authority on football talent than you! Give me a break!

Belichick called Taylor “the best defensive player I’ve ever coached, by a good margin.”

Bill Belichick: Lawrence Taylor could tell who was blocking him by the fear in their eyes

Suck it up Carl and don't be so sensitive / defensive, ;) we all stub our toe now and then. You don't have to quote Bill Belichick needlessly to make your point. This when if you would have read mine you would have seen I called LT one of the greatest of all time. I also provided you and any others with a link to many LT quotes and specifically one of the few I would use over your favorite of "Live like a bad son of a bitch".

Actually that makes for a double stub of the toe, not sure if you follow national news or not. Seems to be quite a bit of controversy of a recent SOB remark when it comes to the NFL. Again NO attack just making my point, it is your thread to bear. NOT trying to steer it or you in any other direction. I respect your belief, just disagree.

You started a thread to create dialog, be prepared to accept the fact that all of it is not going to be in your favor. GO HUSKIES !!!!

Reaction Score
Suck it up Carl and don't be so sensitive / defensive, ;) we all stub our toe now and then. You don't have to quote Bill Belichick needlessly to make your point. This when if you would have read mine you would have seen I called LT one of the greatest of all time. I also provided you and any others with a link to many LT quotes and specifically one of the few I would use over your favorite of "Live like a bad son of a bitch".

Actually that makes for a double stub of the toe, not sure if you follow national news or not. Seems to be quite a bit of controversy of a recent SOB remark when it comes to the NFL. Again NO attack just making my point, it is your thread to bear. NOT trying to steer it or you in any other direction. I respect your belief, just disagree.

You started a thread to create dialog, be prepared to accept the fact that all of it is not going to be in your favor. GO HUSKIES !!!!

Watched the latest National Anthem BS in the NFL lately? Gimme a break!

Watch - put your hands up and step away from your key board! LOL - stub this woof!

Reaction Score
Never anything like him? You must be a Giants fan.
He is the best defensive player of all time. Teams changed their offenses because of him. The H-back was invented to block him. He was an unreal combination of size, speed and aggressiveness.

The Talk: Best defensive player in NFL history?

NFL Power Rankings: Top 50 Greatest Defensive Players In NFL History

The lowest I have ever seen him rated on the list of defensive players is #2. And I watched him play. He was a wrecking crew. A terror.

Last edited:

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
No personal attack Carl, just my opinion that this is an all time low for you. Not the idol I would want my players to have.
Woof, you're way off base here. Carl even stated you should exclude the off field stuff. See below.

No drugs or hitting women or anything like that. Just play like a mad mean ticked of SOB and Kick some A.
He was talking about the way the man played and in that regard, from a Steeler fan, he's made a great call. I wish all our players could attack like him.
I also loved the way Singletary's eyes looked pre-snap. That's the definition of intensity.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom