Wooden Award News?

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Simmer down cowboy..... the news will be here soon enough :cool:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
The Wooden men's release lists a 10-player team. The women's release lists a 5-player team. But ESPN showed a banner a few minutes ago that listed Gabby in addition to Lou and Pheesa.

Reaction Score
Gabby should have been first team. She has outplayed Jones and Wilson. Anybody who has watched WBB this year can clearly see who's the best of those three.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I love the Uconn players and I certainly think Gabby, Lou, and Napheesa are worthy of being AAs, but I also think Wilson and Plum and a few others are as well.
I think we should recognize the great talent that is spread around the country - the one down side to the HOH is that it has added even more anxiety for fans about who does and doesn't get on the wall - we have a thread bemoaning that Kia might not make it and what a disaster that would be - no, for Kia she is already on the wall twice, and has a chance to be there two more times with all her teammates and that is what she cares about most with her career at Uconn.

We can compare stats and numbers and team wins and create a story for why one player should be an AA over another just as we do with NPOY, but so much of basketball isn't recorded in numbers or stats or even team wins, and other variables like teammates and coaching systems have a huge impact. Ultimately it is a subjective opinion made by a committee of people with different individual criteria and interpretations of what they see and what the various stats mean. And maybe be a little humble and recognize that our own biases are no more valid than everyone else's.

As Geno has said numerous times anything voted one is open to multiple interpretations, the only thing we can control is what happens on the court.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom