Woo we made it baby (ESPN BOTTOM 10) | The Boneyard

Woo we made it baby (ESPN BOTTOM 10)

Reaction Score
Well Rutgers is 7 so at least we got that going for us.

Also, UMass suspending the coach for that comment is ridiculous.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
The good news? North Carolina has this Saturday off. The bad news? Vegas already has Bye Week listed as a three-touchdown favorite.

Pitt lost to these guys. Yet Pitt is not on the list or even in dishonorable mentions.

I wish we had Pitt on the schedule. It would at least be competitive. And right now, they feel the same, lol.

Reaction Score
This is a takeoff on a longstanding thread on the Fan Forum of USCHO, college hockey's Futile Four tournament. They take the bottom sixteen teams in the nation and have a mythical bottom feeders tournament with game reports and everything. Winning the round, of course means losing the game. Part of the fun is the selection of obscure or rundown rinks where the tournament is held including the Futile Four weekend. It's at least two decades old.

Reaction Score
Wow, it does put this year into perspective. I was really hoping no one was paying attention to how bad we really are. But I guess someone was watching.

Reaction Score
How can one see this and say that Crocker is a credible defensive coordinator?

Because it’s primarily Edsall’s defense @ this point. This isn’t the defense that Crocker was hired initially to run. Edsall changed it. Perfect storm of dearth of depth on roster and youth/inexperience/strength issues.

Crocker didn’t just forget how to coach after the success he had @ Villanova. Maybe Crocker sees it as just a bad match @ this point but I can’t see any consideration of a mutually agreed upon change till after the season ends (can’t lose sight of the position coaches efficacy as well).

Reaction Score
Wow, it does put this year into perspective. I was really hoping no one was paying attention to how bad we really are. But I guess someone was watching.
Just an idiot that only looks at stats and headlines.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
If my math is correct...
UConn would need to average 47 pts per game for the final six to not be worst scoring defense ever.
And, if averages stayed the same for other teams, UConn would need to limit opponents to:
42 points per game to not be worst in FBS this season (currently Bowling Green).
25 points per game to not be worst in AAC this season (currently SMU).

Reaction Score
UConn stinks this year; but, everyone saw it coming. Its more about next year.

It does warm my heart to have Rutgers on the list two knowing that the local press in Jersey had high hopes for a bowl eligible season with a record in between 7-5 and 6-6 (W's v Texas State, Kansas, Buffalo, Indiana, Illinois, Maryland, Northwestern and L's to Ohio St, Wisconsin, Michigan, Penn St, Michigan St).

As for Lousiville joining the fun, it could not happen to a more deserving program.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom