Wonder Woman 84 - Soul | The Boneyard

Wonder Woman 84 - Soul

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Watched both these movies this weekend.

Wonder Woman 84 was fun for a bit. The nostalgia for my final year of high school, first year of college is a particular bonus in my case. Gadot is terrific and Pine is too. Kristen Wiig, while looking fit at 47, is simply playing the same role she always plays. Pedro Pascal is fun as the main villain, mostly because he's been the hero all year in the Mandalorian. But the story, like about 3/4 of DC movies, falls well shot of what it could be. I don't know why they can't figure out how to tell a story, and then have the action be secondary. Props for the explanation of Diana's invisible jet, that actually was well done. Glad HBOMax put this out there at no charge.

Soul. Pixar movie that dropped on Disney+ this weekend. Now these guys always know how to tell a story. Perhaps the animation means that they have no real limits to the stories they can tell. In this case, a mostly unsuccessful jazz musician and middle school band teacher is the main character. Jamie Foxx voices the lead character. Tina Fey is a scene stealer here as 22. I don't want to provide any spoilers, but this is a timely movie for a lot of reasons. I thoroughly enjoyed it start to finish. The usual blend of humor, emotion, and a thought provoking story. The music is good too. Highly recommended.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Yeah, they really dropped the ball w/ WW84. Too long, dull, very little action, script was pretty weak.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger
Top Bottom