Wonder how WVU feels... | The Boneyard

Wonder how WVU feels...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Better to be in the bottom half in the Big 12 than winless and last place in the Big East...stupid, stupid comment.

Hardly. You leave to take the money, there are downsides also. You think they would be 2-3 in the BE?

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Better to be in the bottom half in the Big 12 than winless and last place in the Big East...stupid, stupid comment.
If they were in the BE playing Temple's schedule, this week would have been top 5 WVU versus top 10 UL. He's talking about WVU not UConn. Then again, they also could have been playing a BE game against TCU and losing anyway.

Reaction Score
If WVU goes undefeated in the big 10/12 they have a chance at a national championship. Undefeated in the big east gets you what exactly? We're not sure. There will be no auto bid in a few years.

We'd leave for any other power conference without a second thought.

Reaction Score
Being in the bottom half of their conference.
Serious? Probably laughing at our dumb asses for being in this stupid dumb ass conference with a dumb ass offensive coordinator and a dump ass HC

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I would give nearly anything to 'know how WVU feels'.

Reaction Score
Serious? Probably ****ing laughing at our ****ing dumb asses for being in this stupid dumb ass conference with a dumb ass offensive coordinator and a ****ing dump ass HC

LOL. I'm sure that's what the WVU board is doing right now. Laughing at UCONN. Probably organizing a lynching for their DC.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
If WVU goes undefeated in the big 10/12 they have a chance at a national championship. Undefeated in the big east gets you what exactly? We're not sure. There will be no auto bid in a few years.

West Virginia would have made the National Title game as a 1 loss Big East member in 2007 had they not lost to Pitt.

West Virginia absolutely loves being in the Big12, but that doesn't mean I can't absolutely love seeing them lose these past few weekends!

Reaction Score

Seriously - Louisville won't make the title game this year no matter what, but if they do run the table, and I believe key personnel are coming back, they will start the year next year in the top 10 and will have a reasonable shot if they run it again.

Reaction Score
Louisville won't make the title game this year, but if there were a four team playoff they would have a great shot at that. West Virginia is on the verge of not being ranked. There are some benefits to being in the Big East.

Reaction Score
Louisville won't make the title game this year, but if there were a four team playoff they would have a great shot at that. West Virginia is on the verge of not being ranked. There are some benefits to being in the Big East.

That's really my only point. Sure they get more money and a guaranteed shot. But if they can't win their conference it won't matter anyway.

Reaction Score
LOL. I'm sure that's what the WVU board is doing right now. Laughing at UCONN. Probably organizing a lynching for their DC.
They aren't doing that,guy. They are above us.

Reaction Score
West Virginia would have made the National Title game as a 1 loss Big East member in 2007 had they not lost to Pitt.

West Virginia absolutely loves being in the Big12, but that doesn't mean I can't absolutely love seeing them lose these past few weekends!
A lot has changed in the past 5 years. What happened in 2007 has no bearing in 2012. The auto bid is gone. The big east, with the teams coming in, will have zero respect nationally.

Reaction Score
In what planet? There are 4 SEC teams that have better shots than Louisville. Nevermind Oregon, Kansas st and ND.

Reaction Score

We don't know since they choke against Pitt back in '07 when a win would have put them in the NC game. WVU would have been playing in numerous Big Bowl games for years to come in the BE. Kiss that goodby.

Reaction Score
A lot has changed in the past 5 years. What happened in 2007 has no bearing in 2012. The auto bid is gone. The big east, with the teams coming in, will have zero respect nationally.

Possibly, but I still think that a 13-0 undefeated team (once there is a title game) will make the top 4 playoff.

Reaction Score
Possibly, but I still think that a 13-0 undefeated team (once there is a title game) will make the top 4 playoff.
Not if there are a combination of 4-5 undefeated or 1 loss teams.

Reaction Score
We don't know since they choke against Pitt back in '07 when a win would have put them in the NC game. WVU would have been playing in numerous Big Bowl games for years to come in the BE. Kiss that goodby.
Tell me about the big east's auto bid. What New Year's Day bowl is the 2015 big east champ going to play in?

And check my other response to that argument. Read the rest of the thread

Reaction Score
Not if there are a combination of 4-5 undefeated or 1 loss teams.

That's your belief. I disagree. There will always be pressure to make sure an undefeated team has a shot. Easy to leave them out of 1 game. Much tougher to leave them out of the top 4. Eventually it will be an 8 team playoff and this goes away as an issue anyway. But since we never end the year with 5 undefeated teams, I'll worry about it when it happens. The way people talk about this -- we should just disband the program now.

Reaction Score
You're just mad they're not here to improve our conference's respectability

Reaction Score
Oh yeah, OSU isn't eligible. Any other year they would be ahead of ville too.

There are easily 8-9 teams, some with 1 loss, who would be picked ahead of ville.

Reaction Score
Oh yeah, OSU isn't eligible. Any other year they would be ahead of ville too.

There are easily 8-9 teams, some with 1 loss, who would be picked ahead of ville.

Since they are already ranked 10th, as of today you are right. See if they win out and what their rankings are. I agree they probably won't be in the top 4 this year, but mostly because they started off unranked. But since most of the voters don't watch the games, they are susceptible to buzz, and the new buzzword will be Teddy Bridgewater. I bet they go up a couple of notches just because now they may have a player that will be talked about on ESPN.

Reaction Score
You're just mad they're not here to improve our conference's respectability

Are you serious? The Big East has been raped. Gee too bad Cincy, Louisville and Rutgers are grabbed by other conferences. Then I could be mad because they would help the BEs image. How good is the Big 10 minus OSU, Wisconsin, Michigan State & Michigan. But hay what's respectability in big time college ball. Are you KIDDING?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom