Women's World Cup | The Boneyard

Women's World Cup

Reaction Score
Lady Yanks open their title defending campaign today vs Thailand (3p on FOX). Extending an invite to any and all soccer fans in the Greater Hartford area to join the American Outlaws Hartford Chapter @ Tavern Downtown for the game (and all USNT games).

Looking ahead - we have an outdoor Pratt Street viewing party on Sunday for the game vs Chile (Noon Kickoff) - hope to see some of you guys there as it should be an amazing atmosphere.

GO GO USA!!
Cheers,
Tom

Reaction Score
So close Thailand may benefit from recruiting some future European-Thai, USAmerican-Thai, even Canadian-Thai prospects. To the Thai’s credit, they never really quit

Reaction Score
The Thai defense left so many unmarked in or near the box. Looked unorganized.

Also obvious that USA had a serious speed advantage...Megan Rapinoe could just shift gears and blast into an open space.

Reaction Score
The Thai defense left so many unmarked in or near the box. Looked unorganized.

Also obvious that USA had a serious speed advantage...Megan Rapinoe could just shift gears and blast into an open space.
Yeah and she is old too.

Reaction Score
Some of the other games have been very good. The knock out rounds will be very competitive

Reaction Score
Yeah and she is old too.
Several of the purportedly excessively-celebrating, allegedly unsportsmanlike “Lady Yanks” (?) are relatively old, eg Lloyd’s about 37

Reaction Score
It is a long tradition for europeans to call Americans "yanks"..

Even Alabama boys hitting the beaches of Normandy were yanks.

Cagney even sang it in "Over there"...Send the word...The yanks are coming...

Reaction Score
It is a long tradition for europeans to call Americans "yanks"..

Even Alabama boys hitting the beaches of Normandy
Now, there’s some shocking insight. :rolleyes: Regardless, a swing and a miss on the actual topic; inexplicable 2019-references to some US Americans as “Lady Yanks”.

Stretch it further with earlier historic origins; 18th century disparaging Dutch-references to English Jancke (little Jans) in New Amsterdam (NY), Connecticut & further into New England. History aside, references to Connecticut Lady Huskies & Lady Yanks remain odd. Just one perspective ...

Reaction Score
Yeah...I also wondered what that Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court was about.

Reaction Score
Some of these teams are smoking hot and they can play soccer pretty good too!

The USWNT scrimmaged the FC Dallas U-15 boys recently and the boys won. I wonder how they were able to maintain their concentration

Reaction Score
The USWNT scrimmaged the FC Dallas U-15 boys recently and the boys won. I wonder how they were able to maintain their concentration

And On the hotness scale,I rank our womens team as slightly above average. Check out Norway.

Reaction Score
e.g., incorrect penalty kick call awarded to and missed by Lloyd. Unrelated as she kicked wide left, but Chile's goalie was absolutely great particularly in the 2nd half.

yes, on all accounts

Reaction Score
I think VAR should only be used to determine if the ball crossed the goal line for a goal or not. Not this other BS of determining fouls and handballs.

Reaction Score
I think VAR should only be used to determine if the ball crossed the goal line for a goal or not. Not this other BS of determining fouls and handballs.
Agreed. Even offsides has been nonsense. We’re now measuring centimeter differences. Worst part is that linesmen wait to put up the flag on clear offsides in case of a goal. So what is the point of a linesman now? How do I get that job?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom