Women's Sweet 16 predictions: Has a new favorite emerged? | The Boneyard

Women's Sweet 16 predictions: Has a new favorite emerged?

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Before the 2021 NCAA women's basketball tournament tipped off, the ESPN Basketball Power Index (BPI) tabbed UConn as the favorite at 22%. Stanford, the No. 1 overall seed, and Baylor, a No. 2 seed in UConn's River Walk Regional, were tied for second at 19%.

Now that the Sweet 16 is set, the updated ESPN BPI tabs the Lady Bears with the best chance to win the NCAA title, at 21%. Baylor edged UConn (20%), Stanford (16%), No. 2 seed Maryland (13%) and No. 1 seed South Carolina (11%).

Reaction Score
Very interesting. The predictions will or will not change again when the FF is set. River Walk is the toughest bracket according to the BPI.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Right now, it looks like all of the 1 seeds will make the great 8. Baylor is going to be a very tough game for UConn . I don’t like to look ahead, but I expect UConn and Baylor to advance today. I’m much more concerned about Baylor than Iowa.

You’d like for another team to do your dirty work and knock off Baylor for you. That’s not going to happen. We’ll have to do our own dirty work. If you want to be the best, you’ve got to play the best. Baylor is playing extremely well right now.

The winner of the tournament will have to beat a 2 seed, and two 1 seeds. That’s a very tall order. That includes Maryland and Stanford. ?

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom