Women's Basketball D-1 Transfers 2022-2023 | The Boneyard

Women's Basketball D-1 Transfers 2022-2023

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
The numbers compared to last year are way down at this point, but there is still a month before the deadline of May 11 to enter the portal. A couple of reasons I can think of:
1. One fewer class year with a 5th covid year of eligibility. that is 20% fewer potential transfers.
2. Over 1300 WCBB players were in the transfer window last year, not sure how many actually transferred, and how many of those were grad transfers, but some thing in the 900-1000 undergraduates have already used their freebie transfer, so the next one costs a sit-out year except in exceptional (and more clearly defined) situations. That represents at least 20% of all WCBB scholarship players (15x340 = 5100) and probably more like 25%.
3. I think there was a fair amount of pent up frustration in the athletic community - the last two years had at best been frustrating dealing with covid, and suddenly the transfer door was opened wide, and people jumped at the opportunity. I think there was a one-time surge last year that caught everyone unprepared.

Reaction Score
The numbers compared to last year are way down at this point, but there is still a month before the deadline of May 11 to enter the portal. A couple of reasons I can think of:
1. One fewer class year with a 5th covid year of eligibility. that is 20% fewer potential transfers.
2. Over 1300 WCBB players were in the transfer window last year, not sure how many actually transferred, and how many of those were grad transfers, but some thing in the 900-1000 undergraduates have already used their freebie transfer, so the next one costs a sit-out year except in exceptional (and more clearly defined) situations. That represents at least 20% of all WCBB scholarship players (15x340 = 5100) and probably more like 25%.
3. I think there was a fair amount of pent up frustration in the athletic community - the last two years had at best been frustrating dealing with covid, and suddenly the transfer door was opened wide, and people jumped at the opportunity. I think there was a one-time surge last year that caught everyone unprepared.
but I believe that the growth of NIL opportunities will "encourage" more student athletes to enter the portal.

I do wonder how long it will take the NCAA to make their decisions on sit-out year exceptions. If a team 'accepts' a transfer, waits for the NCAA to decide on an exception case issue, and then is rejected by the NCAA, how many other 'offers' did the team pass on while they were waiting for the NCAA decision.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom