Women in Music | Page 30 | The Boneyard

Women in Music

Reaction Score
Lurker - I started this thread off with a Bonnie song - "Angel From Montgomery"

Oops my bad. started looking at it too late in the evening. Sorry!!!

Reaction Score

Ella Fitzgerald - Mood Indigo (Verve Records 1957)

So, a little background about this picture. I have this picture hanging in my living room stamped by the Library of Congress. The photographer was a fella named William Gottlieb and I spoke a bit years back with his son.

The man in the front fawning all over Ella is Dizzy Gillespie. The guy in the background is the bassist, Ray Brown, who was married to Ella Fitzgerald at the time and he doesn't look happy.

The other interesting thing is, the picture was so good.....they chose to overlook the giant bald head in the foreground. Yeah, now you looked again and saw it and it takes up a huge chunk of the the photo, right?

Reaction Score
So, a little background about this picture. I have this picture hanging in my living room stamped by the Library of Congress. The photographer was a fella named William Gottlieb and I spoke a bit years back with his son.

The man in the front fawning all over Ella is Dizzy Gillespie. The guy in the background is the bassist, Ray Brown, who was married to Ella Fitzgerald at the time and he doesn't look happy.

The other interesting thing is, the picture was so good.....they chose to overlook the giant bald head in the foreground. Yeah, now you looked again and saw it and it takes up a huge chunk of the the photo, right?

Thanks, a great post.

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
For us early risers, Bonnie Raitt coming up on CBS Saturday Morning at bit later (music segment usually closes the show >8:30 am). One of the best women who rock.

Do you know her father was a huge Broadway star post WW II?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom