Wolthausen on Campenni, Myers, Sacks & the 3-4 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Wolthausen on Campenni, Myers, Sacks & the 3-4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This was the problem. We had ZERO OLB pressure last season. Any pass rush we generated came from our 3 DL and that's NOT how a 3-4 should be working. Opposing O-Lines had it easy. We gotta find someone who can bring pressure off the edge. Stewart wasn't cutting it last year and got burned many times. He's gotta fix that or we gotta find someone else.

I don't care where the pressure comes from, inside or outside, but we need to do a much better job disrupting the pocket. We did not have a pass rush last year. In the base defense or when blitzing a player (s). Need the 3-4 end to push his guy back and the OLB needs to fly in off the ends hip.

Stewart was an unmitigated disaster rushing the passer, he either got stonewalled by the tackle or the tackle just guided him right by the pocket. Next man up.

Reaction Score
I wouldn't count out the freshman to be situational pass rushers. There are a lot of 6'3-6'-6" guys between 230 and 260 that could turn out to be good 3rd down edge rushers from the olb position. We just need 1-2 to step up and be able to play this season.

I like the potential of Dallas Parker outside but he'll need some time before we see it. The future is always now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22
Top Bottom