WNIT | The Boneyard

WNIT

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
UCF, SMU, Tulane in

GW, Sacred Heart, New Hampshire, Harvard as well
Plus, James Madison, Navy, Princeton, Villanova, Virginia, Drexel, Fordham, Georgetown, Penn St, St Johns, St Joes,

Tournament Field
Huge accomplishment for Louisiana Tech to get into the WNIT after what happened last year Brooke Stoehr deserves an award just for that.

Amazing that Washington State, at 12-19 overall, got the automatic bid because they won the tiebreaker for 7th place vs. Cal.

Plebe

Reaction Score
The only conference missing from the list of AQs is the SEC.

I guess Georgia declined its bid.

Michigan was surely offered an at-large bid but must have declined as well.

Reaction Score
Amazing that Washington State, at 12-19 overall, got the automatic bid because they won the tiebreaker for 7th place vs. Cal.

Cal made the NCAAs, so no tiebreaker for WSU

Plebe

Reaction Score
Cal made the NCAAs, so no tiebreaker for WSU

Ah yes, good point. I'd prepared my own list of WNIT AQs, and WSU would've had the AQ even if Cal hadn't gotten an NCAA bid (and I didn't expect that).

The only other AQ with a losing record is Seattle from the WAC at 15-17.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Huge accomplishment for Louisiana Tech to get into the WNIT after what happened last year Brooke Stoehr deserves an award just for that.

Frankly it's surprising that Cal made the tourney at all.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
UCF is tough and improving. I hope they do well.

Virginia may do well also.

Michigan may be the best team in the field.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
UCF is tough and improving. I hope they do well.

Virginia may do well also.

Michigan may be the best team in the field.
What field are you referring to? I just watched Michigan play UCLA and although it was an early in the season game, Michigan looked really weak. I don't believe they have improved so much that they are the best team in the tourney. Maybe you are being sarcastic.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
What field are you referring to? I just watched Michigan play UCLA and although it was an early in the season game, Michigan looked really weak. I don't believe they have improved so much that they are the best team in the tourney. Maybe you are being sarcastic.
I think conventional wisdom was that Michigan improved during the season, which is at least arguable.

I haven't looked at the WNIT bracket yet, but I have a base theory that says P5 teams that are at least .500 are better than the vast majority of non-P5 teams. And, as has been noted in discussing UConn's NCAA run, you only have to play the six teams you end up having to play. So I'll go out on a limb and suggest that Michigan is probably one of the top teams in the tourney.

donalddoowop

Reaction Score
I think conventional wisdom was that Michigan improved during the season, which is at least arguable.

I haven't looked at the WNIT bracket yet, but I have a base theory that says P5 teams that are at least .500 are better than the vast majority of non-P5 teams. And, as has been noted in discussing UConn's NCAA run, you only have to play the six teams you end up having to play. So I'll go out on a limb and suggest that Michigan is probably one of the top teams in the tourney.
I apologize. I agree with you. I believe Michigan is one of the best teams in the WNIT. I thought you were talking about the NCAA Tournament.

donalddoowop

Reaction Score
Frankly it's surprising that Cal made the tourney at all.
Again JordyG, we are thinking alike. Imo, they did not earn a place in the tourney. However, as usual, no one on the selection committee asked me my opinion.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom