WNBA Transactions (waivers etc) | The Boneyard

WNBA Transactions (waivers etc)

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Wait, are you saying you’re surprised they were waived or that you only recognize these names?

To me, neither of these names surprised me. I was dumbfounded at some of the picks made by the WNBA teams and not sure why they even have 3 rounds considering they only have 12 teams and at most 12 spots (they don’t even fill all 12 at times due to tire salary cap).

I suspect only 12-15 players drafted make rosters this year.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Wait, are you saying you’re surprised they were waived or that you only recognize these names?

To me, neither of these names surprised me. I was dumbfounded at some of the picks made by the WNBA teams and not sure why they even have 3 rounds considering they only have 12 teams and at most 12 spots (they don’t even fill all 12 at times due to tire salary cap).

Not surprised at all. Just posting based on my name recognition.

UHF

Reaction Score

100+ former NCAA players declared for the WNBA draft. :eek:

Which NCAA players have declared for the 2022 WNBA Draft?

UHF

Reaction Score
Starting to look at WNBA Transactions

For me, biggest names so far are

Alexus Dye Tenn (Sun)
Ali Patberg Indiana (Indiana)

7 years learning at university. Ali Patberg has a wealth of knowledge to apply after her WNBA and/or overseas basketball career is over.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
7 years learning at university. Ali Patberg has a wealth of knowledge to apply after her WNBA and/or overseas basketball career is over.
Honestly, she should just get into coaching now. I don’t really see her as a key piece to any overseas team if she even makes one. The real money is for the elite players. She seems to be highly thought of by Teri Morin and should leverage that into a coaching role.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Starting to look at WNBA Transactions

For me, biggest names so far are

Alexus Dye Tenn (Sun)
Ali Patberg Indiana (Indiana)
Neither ever looked WNBA caliber to me. Kalani Brown was waived by Las Vegas again too....I'm surprised as how ineffective she's been as a pro. I know the pace of place doesn't favor bigs like her but I thought she'd at least stick around 4-5 years with her size and ability offensively.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Neither ever looked WNBA caliber to me. Kalani Brown was waived by Las Vegas again too....I'm surprised as how ineffective she's been as a pro. I know the pace of place doesn't favor bigs like her but I thought she'd at least stick around 4-5 years with her size and ability offensively.
Oh. I thought there was a physical reason for this?

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
There was she tore her meniscus and she informed LV on day 1 and she was waived. It was nothing to do with her talents they wanted her they just dont have room for injured players.
Got it--thanks for clarifying

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
I saw two Lexis waived and thought, geez, Hull has to stick. But I’d forgotten that both Gordon and Held had joined teams. So they’re both dropped, Hull is still around.

Reaction Score
4/29,
Los Angeles: Horvat, Chantel – Waived
Los Angeles: Gordon, Lexi – Waived
Los Angeles: Cox, Lauren – Waived
Dallas: Bertsch, Morgan – Waived
Chicago: Held, Lexi – Waived
Chicago: McGee-Stafford, Imani – Waived

4/28,
New York: Kea, Paris – Waived
Connecticut: Lewis, Jordan – Waived
Atlanta: Agnew, Jaylyn – Waived

4/27,
New York: Kea, Paris – Waived
Connecticut: Lewis, Jordan – Waived
Atlanta: Agnew, Jaylyn – Waived

Reaction Score
Whew, Crystal ...

Damn! Cleaning house I guess. League is too damn small! Need more teams or maybe the ladies just need to go over seas and make their money.

Reaction Score
Whew, Crystal ...

They mismanaged Crystal so bad. She was ROY and put up some impressive numbers. Then they bring in Clarendon because they needed experience and someone to mentor Crystal??? Now they waive her because they wouldn’t give her more playing time even though her rookie season proved she had the skills to be a good player.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
They mismanaged Crystal so bad. She was ROY and put up some impressive numbers. Then they bring in Clarendon because they needed experience and someone to mentor Crystal??? Now they waive her because they wouldn’t give her more playing time even though her rookie season proved she had the skills to be a good player.
Saw a mention this may be a restructuring. Was Crystal on a 2nd contract?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom