WNBA Trade thread. Any thoughts? | The Boneyard

WNBA Trade thread. Any thoughts?

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
As Rebecca Lobo said, I am not convinced that #1 Plum or #2 Coates were drafted by optimal teams for their skill set.:rolleyes:

For the Stars, Moriah and Plum both should have the ball in their hands the majority of the time.

Meanwhile the Sky have alot of size already.

Regarding the Stars, maybe a trade with the storm so plum goes home? I imagine that may make the Storm overpay?

Jewell Loyd (better fit with Moriah?) as a pure SG, some size (Crystal Langhorne? and Linay Montgomery 8-5 rookie who I think has alot of upside) and maybe KLM. I guess the stars would throw some other stuff in to even the head count a little?

Just some ideas. Welcome feedback.

Reaction Score
As Rebecca Lobo said, I am not convinced that #1 Plum or #2 Coates were drafted by optimal teams for their skill set.:rolleyes:

For the Stars, Moriah and Plum both should have the ball in their hands the majority of the time.

Regarding the Stars, maybe a trade with the storm so plum goes home? I imagine that may make the Storm overpay?

Jewell Loyd (better fit with Moriah?) as a pure SG, some size (Crystal Langhorne? and Linay Montgomery 8-5 rookie who I think has alot of upside) and maybe KLM. I guess the stars would throw some other stuff in to even the head count a little?

I think Plum should be optimal playing with Moriah because both should ALSO easily play without the ball. If you are a terrific outside shooter - why can't you ALSO play without the ball? You have to have ball movement imo to be successful. U believe it is wrong to say they aren't optimal. If Plum can't be effective playing with Moriah, then she isn't that good. And there is no reason for Moriah to be not be terrific playing off the ball. Plus Moriah can guard the quicker pg's in which I believe defensively Plum would struggle guarding more. IMO Rebecca is way off base about too concerned about "the ball in one's hands" when it should be more about ball movement. Not isolation / who has the ball in whose hands.

** If I were the stars -- next year I would target Billings if I can't get Wilson. Plum, Moriah and McBride if healthy you want to run wild like the Phoenix Suns teams of Nash or the current era GSW. The idea is to win by jacking up shots and play super fast speed. The stars need two big freakish or very good athletes. If you don't get Wilson in 2018, trade down a bit and get Billings and you can maybe pick up another player. The stars will not need to play a man-to-man straight defense vs the real big teams that can hurt them on the glass. Plus the fans-- tell me they wouldn't love to see fast paced basketball. Maybe the Stars can get Billings by trading down and somehow get Kiah Stokes? Though I don't think there si a shot to do that while keeping McBride, Plum and Moriah.

As for Loyd she is a in a super spot. No way should she be traded. She plays the 2guard this season for Seattle and with Peterson they have their pg of the future. What a steal with Peterson. Why did she go in the 2nd round? I just don't understand it. Seattle imo is catching a good break. This year they will be around 3rd or 4th place again meaning they will get a decent draft pick in next year's strong class. Seattle should wind up with the 6th or 7th pick thus they'll have a chance for Brown, Turner, Jensen or Billings in the low post. And who knows if Canada is available then they can trade Peterson. In 2018 Seattle should start to threaten for championships. No way no way now ay Seattle should dream of trading Loyd.

Reaction Score
No way the Storm are going to wreck the chemistry they have going with Lloyd and Stewart. As for Plum and Jefferson, you just can't have too many good ball players on the court. As chrissaran said, in Uconn's offense they constantly move the ball and that has worked pretty well. The more good passers and shooters you have, the better. There are a lot of different ways teams have found to be successful. It dumbfounds me when some people act as if there is one formula that has always worked and always will.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score

Now I know why Baylor lost to WVU.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TBall

Top Bottom