WNBA Trade Rumor Atlanta & Dallas | The Boneyard

WNBA Trade Rumor Atlanta & Dallas

Status
Not open for further replies.

bschwartz

Popular Im-Poster
Reaction Score
Seems like a good trade with Atlanta possibly getting the better end of it depending on who the pick turns out to be. Both players might like the change.

HGN

Reaction Score
Angel going to Dallas with Dallas giving Atlanta Sims and a #1 Draft Pick.

Will Dallas add McCoughtry?
GREAT deal for Atlanta......They would get a playmaker in Sims ; plus a #1 pick. In exchange for a temperamental All star player that can help or harm your team at any given time.

If I'm the GM in Atlanta I say lets do the deal.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Interesting trade - and I think this has a lot to do with Tiff as well - she and Angel end up being somewhat duplicative on the court. While Sims and Diggins can be as well. Angel is very definitely a superstar and could help any team if the chemistry is right - I believe her reputation is much worse than her reality, otherwise she and Geno wouldn't hit it off so well, and she and the National team wouldn't work well either.

Reaction Score
Looks like a good deal for both teams. Sims and Diggins were not working well together and Dallas by adding Angel will have a superstar to lead it (at last) to the playoffs. Atlanta gets a potential superstar in Sims. The downside for Dallas is that it could hurt the development of Powers who seems to have a great upside

jennyo70

Loo'ville Lady
Reaction Score
I don't follow the W enough to know and understand trades, free agency, Delle Donne "holding out" etc. That being said, I can imagine this might be very difficult for Angel, on a personal front. She seems to have really made Atlanta her home. She spent the last year (she did not play overseas last season) opening her own ice cream shop in Atlanta, I believe specializing in vegan ice cream. I have a hard time seeing her walking away from that.
But, admittedly, I know little about the ins and outs of such things, and if she even has a voice in such a trade.
Definitely will be interesting to see how it plays out.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
"With so much talent in this year’s deep 2017 WNBA Draft, one would surmise that this would be enticing to Atlanta."

Hmmmm!?!?? Something the GMs know that we don't?? I think (unless players are coming out early) the 2017 draft is somewhat weak.

Now, if some of the juniors forgo their senior season then we may have a "deep" draft, otherwise, not so much.

Reaction Score
If Dallas would sign Jen Hamson along with Angel then they would have a contender.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Could this lure Elizabeth Cambage back to the states??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom