WNBA/Sun Followers... | The Boneyard

WNBA/Sun Followers...

Status
Not open for further replies.

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
Anyone care to speculate on who the Sun will retain on the final roster?

I've seen one practice and one preseason game. The probable locks:
  • Tina - MVP. 'nuff said
  • Kara - Leadership 3-pt shooting. Looks to be in great shape
  • Renee - 2012 6 player of the year streaky shooter
  • Ally - Defensive stopper and capable offensive player
  • Mistie - No Asjha, more minutes. I assume a starter
  • Kelsey - See above... and looking very confident on the offensive end; same hustle
  • Kalana - Defender and slasher
  • Kelly - Strangely similar set to Kalana, has yet to practice or play but #1 picks get a bye. If Kelly excels at this level on both ends like she did in college, look out Kalana and Tan.
  • Tan - Perimeter defender and scorer, unlike last year, she looks to be in shape coming in. Small for today's WNBA
Fighting for a spot (3 must go):
  • Natasha Lacy - looks like a good rebounder at the guard spot... hustles and runs well; not much of a shot - reluctant CUT
  • Ashley Walker - Hustles and bangs but at 6' 1" undersized in the post. - CUT
  • Johannah Leedham - good defender but has not shown the offensive game much as yet - CUT
  • Latoya Williams - Another hustler, decent shooter but very slight build for a 6'4" post. Guess I'd keep her
  • Chatilla van Grinsven - Good size at a sturdy 6' 3". Seems to have a good mid range game and some moves around the basket. WNBA rosters are too short for "projects" but given the gap left by Asjha, I might take a shot with her.
Glad I'm not the coach... these last cuts are brutal.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Yes, tough calls. I'm surprised Walker is having such a tough time making a team. I thought she looked good in limited minutes.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
WNBA should either increase the roster size to 12 or add another team. There's too much talent coming out of college and overseas on an annual basis. I would think cities like Knoxville, Spokane and others could support a WNBA team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown

Top Bottom