WNBA Rookie of the Month (July) -- NAPHEESA COLLIER | The Boneyard

WNBA Rookie of the Month (July) -- NAPHEESA COLLIER

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score

As an additional note, Collier is the only rookie to rank among the top five in all nine major statistical categories.

Congratulations, Napheesa!

Or as the Minnesota Lynx tweet stated, "We're rockin' in a Phee world."

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Just think, there were some posters on this board who stated that KLS was more WNBA ready than Collier. I know she has been injured but KLS could not have been any more ready than Collier. The situation she is in has not helped. However, after she finally gets her chance, I believe KLS will be an excellent WNBA player. I believe Collier will continue to improve each season and eventually will develop an above average outside shot.

Reaction Score
Just think, there were some posters on this board who stated that KLS was more WNBA ready than Collier. I know she has been injured but KLS could not have been any more ready than Collier. The situation she is in has not helped. However, after she finally gets her chance, I believe KLS will be an excellent WNBA player. I believe Collier will continue to improve each season and eventually will develop an above average outside shot.

Napheesa is doing marvelously, better than I expected. But it's not fair to claim that KLS wouldn't be doing as well or better. She's played injured, then went out with injury. We won't know what she's capable of achieving until she's back and healthy.

Kudos to Pheesa! But let's not pooh-pooh KLS's talent and skills.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I trust this recognition will settle the argument over Rookie of the Year. Someone who gets 14 points off 22-24 shots ain't it.

“She does the dirty work, she blocks shots, she scores when she’s needed to score, and sometimes she’s even out there leading the pack. Being a leader,” said Sylvia Fowles. “She’s making sure she’s putting everybody in their spots. She’s doing everything.”

Napheesa Collier Doesn’t Play Like A Rookie - Minnesota Lynx

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Napheesa is doing marvelously, better than I expected. But it's not fair to claim that KLS wouldn't be doing as well or better. She's played injured, then went out with injury. We won't know what she's capable of achieving until she's back and healthy.

EXACTLY... this is about Pheesa's success... not about the things that have held Lou back... and it's been well documented that Pheesa landed in a place that needed her skills and position she plays right away...while Lou has a much different roster scenario. :confused:

Reaction Score
Phessa has always been an overall better player then Lou. KLS is a better shooter.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score

Did you read my post closely? I mentioned her injury and I said when she gets the chance she will be an excellent player. I also mentioned her situation. Where did I pooh-pooh her talents and skills? This post was meant for those posters who knocked Collier.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom