WNBA Preseason Observations | The Boneyard

WNBA Preseason Observations

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Ryne Howard looking like a solid 1 seed for Atlanta. Stat stuffing efficient first half (14 pts 3-5 from 3) as Atlanta is mauling Washington 54-36 after 1st half.

Naz Hillman not looking very good.

Will Megan Walker show enough to stick with Atlanta? 1-2 (2pts) 2 rebounds, ! assist, 1TO in 1st half.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Megan with a decent came but eye popping 7-7 (2-2 from 3) from Kristy Wallace with all her injury issues. Would like to see her make it but I suppose she would be in direct competition with Megan.

Reaction Score
Ryne Howard looking like a solid 1 seed for Atlanta. Stat stuffing efficient first half (14 pts 3-5 from 3) as Atlanta is mauling Washington 54-36 after 1st half.

Naz Hillman not looking very good.

Will Megan Walker show enough to stick with Atlanta? 1-2 (2pts) 2 rebounds, ! assist, 1TO in 1st half.
Pre season exhibitions in the WNBA are pretty much meaningless. Many players aren't back from overseas. Any players coming back from injury either don't play or are limited.
And they usually only play 2 games.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Lot of people complain about preseason games not being televised. I would like to go the other way and say that they should not even publish the box scores :p

The Chicago-Dallas game was especially meaningless. Naturally, Mabrey, Gray and Meesseman dominated against the lesser competition. I think the only Sky players in action who will actually make the team were Meesseman and Dana Evans.

Reaction Score
As some have already mentioned, training camp and preseason games mean very little. You can shine and still get cut unless there is a glaring vacancy. Hard for new players to make the team unless they are early picks. Not really enough time in camp to show what your can do. Anyone can look either good or bad in that short of a time.

Reaction Score
In the Lynx loss to the Mystics, EDD with 21 pts in 17 minutes. 9-13 shooting. 3-5 from 3. Hope her injury issues are in the past.
Shakira is going to be a nice addition to that squad. Hopefully Megan Gustafson can get some minutes during the season but it is going to be tough. My Lynx got some decent gamers as well. So many players (19) on the Lynx roster and not going to be a lot of minutes for some of them.

Reaction Score
Shakira is going to be a nice addition to that squad. Hopefully Megan Gustafson can get some minutes during the season but it is going to be tough. My Lynx got some decent gamers as well. So many players (19) on the Lynx roster and not going to be a lot of minutes for some of them.
Gustafson was released.

Reaction Score

Surprised EDD dropped down to #12. Happy for Brionna Jones. The Suns are my favorite team not named the Mystics.

Reaction Score

Surprised EDD dropped down to #12. Happy for Brionna Jones. The Suns are my favorite team not named the Mystics.
I'm guessing they're taking into account the fact she barely played last season due to her back. I don't see it as a slight as Philippou states "There's little doubt that if/when healthy, she remains one of the best players in the world."

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
From some other tweets, the Liberty may not have enough healthy players for the exhibition game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TBall

Top Bottom