WNBA Preseason Games 05/02 | The Boneyard

WNBA Preseason Games 05/02

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Among the early games, LA vs NY may have some interest to BY's

Karlie Samuelson had a good first half from 3pt range. 3 for 6. (+2 at half) when Sparks and Liberty ended 40-40 at half. Poor second half 0 for 2 from 3 pt and 0 for 1 (2 pointers). Finished -12 which is a function of having her play the most minutes (29) of anybody and LA losing by 16 to the Liberty. Will she stick?

Bria Hartley, new to Liberty seemed to have average game. 2 for 4 (2pt) 1 for 4 (3pt) 1 assist, 1 steal but 3 TO 7pts in 14 minutes.

Tina Charles 5pts in 13 minutes (preseason not a big deal for her of course)

Sky / Sun just starting.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Tuck had a real fast start 2 for 3 (5 pts) in first 4+ minutes. Taken out and only put back 30 seconds before 1st half. Why?
Faris 1 missed 3pt shot in 2 minutes. Nothing else on her line. Cant she how she sticks. :(

Anyone at the game?

Reaction Score
Among the early games, LA vs NY may have some interest to BY's

Karlie Samuelson had a good first half from 3pt range. 3 for 6. (+2 at half) when Sparks and Liberty ended 40-40 at half. Poor second half 0 for 2 from 3 pt and 0 for 1 (2 pointers). Finished -12 which is a function of having her play the most minutes (29) of anybody and LA losing by 16 to the Liberty. Will she stick?

Bria Hartley, new to Liberty seemed to have average game. 2 for 4 (2pt) 1 for 4 (3pt) 1 assist, 1 steal but 3 TO 7pts in 14 minutes.

Tina Charles 5pts in 13 minutes (preseason not a big deal for her of course)

Sky / Sun just starting.
When Karlie was drafted by LA Spark? I don't remember she is in the 2017 WNBA draft list.

Reaction Score
Tuck had a real fast start 2 for 3 (5 pts) in first 4+ minutes. Taken out and only put back 30 seconds before 1st half. Why?
Faris 1 missed 3pt shot in 2 minutes. Nothing else on her line. Cant she how she sticks. :(

Anyone at the game?

I'm holding my breath that Morgan is OK.

Also crossing my fingers and toes that Kelly Faris sticks.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Hamson had 6 blocks in 17 minutes. Pretty impressive.

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score

Anyone at the game?

Yup, just got back. Tuck seems fine. Coach Miller said all along he would be bringing hew back slowly and carefully. Same with Rachel Banham.

Reaction Score
Looks like Danielle Adams had a good game too. The Sun could certainly use her scoring off the bench. Maybe both Adams and Hamson stick?

J. Thomas/Banham
Bentley/Williams
A. Thomas/Stricklen
Kizer/Tuck/Adams
Jones/Jones/Hamson

Oof - they really need another guard, though. I guess Hightower, Faris or January instead of Hamson...

psconn

Reaction Score
I'm holding my breath that Morgan is OK.

Also crossing my fingers and toes that Kelly Faris sticks.

Morgan seems fine maybe even quicker than before. She is measurably stronger according to Sun strength and conditioning coach.

Like every year, Kelly is in a battle for a spot. I'm surprised and pleased every time she defies the odds and sticks.

psconn

Reaction Score
Looks like Danielle Adams had a good game too. The Sun could certainly use her scoring off the bench. Maybe both Adams and Hamson stick?

J. Thomas/Banham
Bentley/Williams
A. Thomas/Stricklen
Kizer/Tuck/Adams
Jones/Jones/Hamson

Oof - they really need another guard, though. I guess Hightower, Faris or January instead of Hamson...
And they made a trade specifically to get Reshanda Gray. Seems unlikely that she won't stick. The 12 player roster sucks.

Reaction Score
What did they trade for Gray?

She got the second-least amount of playing time in today's game. I don't know much about her game - but I hope they don't feel obliged to keep her if she continues to get outplayed.

psconn

Reaction Score
What did they trade for Gray?

She got the second-least amount of playing time in today's game. I don't know much about her game - but I hope they don't feel obliged to keep her if she continues to get outplayed.

Aneika Henry-Morello for Gray. Gray actually played pretty well except for a couple TOs. In early preseason games, minutes played don't always reflect where you stand on the depth chart.

Reaction Score
Aneika Henry-Morello for Gray. Gray actually played pretty well except for a couple TOs. In early preseason games, minutes played don't always reflect where you stand on the depth chart.

Good point! I guess it's more that Adams and Hamson were being auditioned. Who would you keep on the team out of Adams, Hamson, Stricklen, January, Faris and Hightower? [Edited to add - assuming that Thomas, Banham, Bentley, Williams, Thomas, Tuck, Kizer, Gray, Jones and Jones are locks.]

psconn

Reaction Score
Good point! I guess it's more that Adams and Hamson were being auditioned. Who would you keep on the team out of Adams, Hamson, Stricklen, January, Faris and Hightower? [Edited to add - assuming that Thomas, Banham, Bentley, Williams, Thomas, Tuck, Kizer, Gray, Jones and Jones are locks.]

These are the 12 I projected before camp started. I'm sticking with it for now, but Hightower did not look great and Hamson and Adams impacted the game. The balance between back court players and posts make this a very challenging numbers game. You can't always keep the best 12. Tomorrow versus LA will provide more data.

Rachel Banham
Alex Bentley
Reshanda Gray
Jonquel Jones
Lynetta Kizer
Shekinna Stricklen
Alyssa Thomas
Jasmine Thomas
Morgan Tuck
Courtney Williams
Brionna Jones
Allison Hightower

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Burdick had 10 points for NY.
upload_2017-5-3_4-20-28.jpeg

Reaction Score
uh oh :oops:

I like what Geno said to Stef: "You're not that good, but we can make you that good." And he did. It was a magical transformation of an overweight, understrength-ed girl into a brilliant passer, brilliant shooter, and physical dynamo who was a critical ingredient in national championships.

Perhaps if Imani had visited in May: the American cherry trees are blossoming, right after the Japanese cherries, forsythia bushes are in full bloom, while it all comes on the heels of the beautiful blossoming of the magnolia trees. Everywhere in my part of the state is in color against a verdant green. And now the kids can enjoy class, a respite from basketball, and one of the most beautiful places in the country!

Sorry it had to be January!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom