WNBA Predictions | The Boneyard

WNBA Predictions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
Anyone care to predict what effect, if any, playing on the Olympic teams, will have on the WNBA? Some possibilities:

1. LA Sparks will be rested and ready to prove themselves.

2. Diana and Brittney will continue their sparking play, and Phoenix will become a contender.

So, will the Olympians show a little wear and tear, or will they up their game for the remainder of the season?

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Interesting question - but I tend to think there will not be a noticeable difference in the Olympic team and the non-team members performance - that is not to say that some teams will do better or worse in the last third of the season, just that it will not be a result of players being rested or tired because of the Olympic break.

Reaction Score
I agree with UcMiami. I don't expect to see a noticeable difference in overall play. Teams that ended the WNBA season on a run will still be hot. Teams that do not have an Olympic player and little direction, will still struggle.

Reaction Score
One team it should have a positive affect on is the LA Sparks. They have been using a short roster and began to show signs of running out of gas at the break.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I much more interested to see how the Fever end the season. The is sitting at 12 and 12 right now in the playoffs but with both Catch and Stephanie White planning their exits will the team rally for a playoff run or crumble due to lack of interest.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
I think ...

Diana and Griner will step it up and challenge.

Maya, Seimone, Sylvia, Lindsay, and Coach Reeve will continue in Olympic mode.

The Sparks will be out of shape and rusty. ;)
So far, not so much. The Lynx Olympians looked tired, ( Maya only had 8 points and 5 fouls), and the sun looked fresh, and beat the Lynx 84-80.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Yep, the Olympian are playing so-so: 4 for Minny, Tina, and Elena are all subpar tonight.

Angel, in contrast, is looking good.

MoJeff is looking good.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
The Lynx trailed Seattle at the half in Minnesota tonight, but went on to win.

L.A. lost to Phoenix and is now 0-2 after the break and 1-4 in their last 5. They trail Minnesota by 0.5 game.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
There has been some roster moves see how that effects the return.
I'm liking Washington's pickups, Laura Sanders/LaToya Pringle and Leilani Mitchell, though LM hasn't done much yet.

I'm also liking Astou Ndour for San Antonio. I think she played much of the season, but she looked good in Rio and also tonight against Washington. S.A. needs firepower.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Phoenix now has some decent talent coming off the bench at each position. Taylor is back and had missed quite a few games, and Xargay, Harding and Petrovic provide some much needed help on the perimeter. And Bone could prove to be very valuable for those games when BG gets into foul trouble.

Reaction Score
Phoenix now has some decent talent coming off the bench at each position. Taylor is back and had missed quite a few games, and Xargay, Harding and Petrovic provide some much needed help on the perimeter. And Bone could prove to be very valuable for those games when BG gets into foul trouble.
Can Phoenix be the third best team (after LA and Minnesota) the rest of the season?

Reaction Score
I think ...

Diana and Griner will step it up and challenge.

Maya, Seimone, Sylvia, Lindsay, and Coach Reeve will continue in Olympic mode.

The Sparks will be out of shape and rusty. ;)
Good call on the Mercury and Sparks...and very close on the Lynx( Maya was flat but everyone else was as predicted, the Sun just played great)

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Can Phoenix be the third best team (after LA and Minnesota) the rest of the season?
Possibly, though Tina and Angel might take offense at that. ;)

L.A. needs to prove that they are closer to the team that started 20-1 than the team that has gone 1-4 since.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom