WNBA Power Rankings (WNBA.com & AP) | The Boneyard

WNBA Power Rankings (WNBA.com & AP)

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
Click the link within the WNBA.com article to see the AP poll in detail. Only Rebecca Lobo and Michele Smith make the Sun a playoff team. :( No respect, but nice bulletin board material.

Admittedly optimistically I estimated the Sun will finish 6th or 7th, so I'm going with Rebecca. :)

Power Rankings: Getting Ready For Tip-Off - WNBA.com - Official Site of the WNBA

LET'S GO
2600-png.21937

Reaction Score
From what I saw last weekend...

Minny-sota will win another title...

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Different voters picked 6 different teams to finish last. The race for the bottom will be intense.

On the other hand, all the voters think L.A. or Minnesota will win. I agree.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I give Rebecca Lobo's opinion much more weight than the others. To me. she has such an analytical way of looking at things. I would like to see what Kara Lawson thinks. I don't think she gave a ranking?

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
One thing about the Lynx. They are the oldest team in the league. I wonder how long they can win at a high level.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
One thing about the Lynx. They are the oldest team in the league. I wonder how long they can win at a high level.
Good question. Brunson and Whalen are both in their 14th seasons. They need to replace them. Howard has shown she can play, but is not as physical as Brunson. Renee will need to play well, and Alexis Jones needs to develop. This is clearly Maya's team, but they need to provide support while she is still at the top of her game. For this year, I don't think their age is a problem.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Good question. Brunson and Whalen are both in their 14th seasons. They need to replace them. Howard has shown she can play, but is not as physical as Brunson. Renee will need to play well, and Alexis Jones needs to develop. This is clearly Maya's team, but they need to provide support while she is still at the top of her game. For this year, I don't think their age is a problem.
I agree it is clearly Maya's team. Another thing is in the east. Both Washington and New York look ready to make a move toward the top teams. Washington added Toliver and EDD. Are they now a championship team?

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Just so entirely depressed by Chicago's offseason. No EDD and all we got back was two centers (the one position where Chicago already had a promising young player in Boyette) and a rotational wing (Copper). Sloot, Cappie, Quigley, Young, Breland, Dolson, Boyette is not the worst top 7 but it's just good enough to tread water. And Quigley and Sloot are still in Turkey and will miss the first few games of the season.

It's looking pretty bleak.

Shorty Dee

Number 1 UConn fan
Reaction Score
I hope my team have a good season.

I have my team, but I watch all the teams, especially the teams with UConn Alumnus.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom