WNBA Players Overseas | The Boneyard

WNBA Players Overseas

Reaction Score
I saw that Stefanie Dolso signed to play with a team in Turkey . now checked she is playing in Italy. Is it because she could not get a visa?

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I saw that Stefanie Dolso signed to play with a team in Turkey . now checked she is playing in Italy. Is it because she could not get a visa?

Talk about high IQ. Her best pass of her career. :D

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
Likely visa issues, though those seem to have been cleared up for a couple of players - and it was an issue 'cause they were coming in from Russia. In the past, Italy was where all the players went. Turkey has become popular club teams. Not sure who the big dogs are in Italy.

Reaction Score
Likely visa issues, though those seem to have been cleared up for a couple of players - and it was an issue 'cause they were coming in from Russia. In the past, Italy was where all the players went. Turkey has become popular club teams. Not sure who the big dogs are in Italy.

There's only one EuroLeague team in Italy, Schio.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
I checked up on this. I did find a blurb from July saying that she was signed by Turkey's Mersin BSB. Nothing more.

I doubt it was visa issues. There are a lot of WNBA players in Turkey right now. Most of them got there before the diplomatic snafu between Turkey and the US started. I think Gray and Lavender got caught up in the VISA situation because they were coming over later due to the WNBA finals. Dolson would not have had that problem.

My personal totally uninformed guess is that it was something more like "Oops we actually can't afford to pay any WNBA players to play for us".

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom