WNBA on tv | The Boneyard

WNBA on tv

Reaction Score
This may be dumb but, I would love watch more WNBA games on tv but when I check on what games are on, they’re only broadcasting in the teams local area. Where would I have to go to see more games?

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
This may be dumb but, I would love watch more WNBA games on tv but when I check on what games are on, they’re only broadcasting in the teams local area. Where would I have to go to see more games?
Tonight's Mystic v Fever game is streamed live on nba.tv

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Tonight's Mystic v Fever game is streamed live on nba.tv
For us older folks, that's also a TV station that I get, so if I want to watch it I just go to NBA-TV.

I don't quite get @Old Geezer 's point, because I think a fair number of games are on TV. CBSSN, CBS, ABC, ESPN, Ion (which I get on DirecTV) are all carrying games available on DirecTV. A few additional games are on streaming only services (Amazon Prime, for example) and NBA TV carries a selection of local broadcasts nationally.

I don't watch a lot of them, but I do see they are out there, in fact, they are listed in the sports on TV section of my local paper.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
WNBA League Pass is pretty inexpensive, I think $30 for the season. I'm watching the Lynx and the Dream now. Will watch the Storm tomorrow (on at bedtime tonight) if Nika plays at all.

Friday night there are usually two games on Ion.

There are usually games on ESPN and one or two of the traditional networks on the weekend.

WNBA.com lists where many of the games will be broadcast.

Reaction Score
For us older folks, that's also a TV station that I get, so if I want to watch it I just go to NBA-TV.

I don't quite get @Old Geezer 's point, because I think a fair number of games are on TV. CBSSN, CBS, ABC, ESPN, Ion (which I get on DirecTV) are all carrying games available on DirecTV. A few additional games are on streaming only services (Amazon Prime, for example) and NBA TV carries a selection of local broadcasts nationally.

I don't watch a lot of them, but I do see they are out there, in fact, they are listed in the sports on TV section of my local paper.
To be fair, it can be hit and miss depending on when the games are scheduled. During the week it can be a challenge. CBS and ABC are focused on the weekends. ESPN will show some games during the week, but they also sometimes push them to ESPN3. If you're looking for a game during the week, you're relying on regional broadcasts or League Pass I find.

Heck, as a Canadian WNBA fan, if I didn't have an IPTV service I would miss a fair bit of games live as League Pass has blacked out games using regional or national television as the reason why. Gives me flashbacks of the NFL blackout rule days as a kid when trying to watch Buffalo play.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jackruy1

Top Bottom