WNBA Off-Season | The Boneyard

WNBA Off-Season

Reaction Score
Unless there is something more going on then we know this doesn’t make any sense to be honest…

I get Sky struggles back end of the year but they were projected to finish last and rode two rookies. One year seems harsh…

Reaction Score
I am surprised Weatherspoon got fired. But I don't have a problem with it. Chicago only won 3 games after the olympic break. And the dressing room was toxic. And that's the most disappointing thing for me about Weatherspoon's stint in Chicago. I expected her to be a disciplinarian head coach. But instead, I feel like she enabled bad behavior.

Additionally worth noting. Weatherspoon was hired before the General Manager. The General Manager maybe wants to hire their own coach.

Reaction Score
I am surprised Weatherspoon got fired. But I don't have a problem with it. Chicago only won 3 games after the olympic break. And the dressing room was toxic. And that's the most disappointing thing for me about Weatherspoon's stint in Chicago. I expected her to be a disciplinarian head coach. But instead, I feel like she enabled bad behavior.

Additionally worth noting. Weatherspoon was hired before the General Manager. The General Manager maybe wants to hire their own coach.
Very possible regarding the GM. At the same time, the Sky did better than expected while managing injuries and everything else.

Feel bad for this franchise and their fans. The upheaval that happened over the last few years has to be frustrating to watch.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Wow I am genuinely shocked that TSpoon got canned after one year. Chicago was picked by many to finish dead last and looked very weak on paper going into the season. Despite this and having all of their best players injured for stretches this season, Chicago was in position to make playoffs almost the whole season until it slipped away at the very end. TSpoon did a tremendous job of utilizing Chennedy Carter as well as incorporating rookies Angel Reese/Kamilla Cardoso. I thought they had the right coach and a great foundation to build off of after James Wade left the franchise high and dry last year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom