WNBA: Moriah Navigating The Stars | The Boneyard

WNBA: Moriah Navigating The Stars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Appears she's going to be doing what she was recruited to do: Be the starting point guard.

Moriah Jefferson Navigates the Stars

Did we have any doubt? Why not start off in the deep end. She has said that their system is virtually identical to UConn's.

Similar to tossing Brer Rabbit in the "brier-patch".....home sweet home. By the time she goes around the block once (plays the other 11 teams), she'll have things under control, and it will be business as usual.
NO doubt Mo will make us proud, as we'll say in unison: "That's our girl" ;)

Last edited:

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Similar to tossing Brer Rabbit in the "brier-patch".....home sweet home. By the time she goes around the block once (plays the other 11 teams), she'll have things under control, and it will be business as usual.
NO doubt Mo will make us proud, as we'll say in unison: "That's our girl" ;)
Yeah, but that team is really dreadful. It is going to be a long painful season for Mo. She will likely lose more games before the Olympic break than she has in her career since she started playing for Thesa.

Carnac

Reaction Score
Yeah, but that team is really dreadful. It is going to be a long painful season for Mo. She will likely lose more games before the Olympic break than she has in her career since she started playing for Thesa.

That is a painful truth. The Stars are bottoming out in the midst of a "rebuilding" cycle. They have gone, and will continue to go through some rough times. The Lynx, The Mercury (Taurasi is back), and the Liberty (won the most games in the regular season last year) are going to be sitting in the catbird seat this season. The Stars still need a lot of help. They'll have to do it through the draft. They only have a couple of players any team would want in a trade, and those two are untouchable. The Stars will no doubt finish in the second tier of the league again with a losing record, as their accent back to .500 will continue t be a slow and arduous one. It should not be too difficult to improve on their 8-26 record from a year ago. Last year Kayla McBride, Jia Perkins and Sophia Young-Malcolm were the only players to average double figures in scoring last season scoring 13.8, 13.5 and 11.5 respectively.

Jefferson wanted to go home. She would have been a little better off had she gone to the Dallas Wings (only 18 miles or 33 minutes from her parent's Glen Heights Texas home vs. San Antonio which is 274 miles or 4 h 15 m from Glen Heights).
The Wings (Tulsa Shock) made the playoffs in 2015 for the first time in 6 years, finishing 2 games above .500. They lost in the Conference Semi-finals to Phoenix 0–2. The Wing's 2016 roster is not going to strike fear in any of their opponent's hearts. They've got an uphill climb in from of them this season as well.

Last edited:

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
That is a painful truth. The Stars are bottoming out in the midst of a "rebuilding" cycle. They have gone, and will continue to go through some rough times. The Lynx, The Mercury (Taurasi is back), and the Liberty (won the most games in the regular season last year) are going to be sitting in the catbird seat this season. The Stars still need a lot of help. They'll have to do it through the draft. They only have a couple of players any team would want in a trade, and those two are untouchable. The Stars will no doubt finish in the second tier of the league again with a losing record, as their accent back to .500 will continue t be a slow and arduous one. It should not be too difficult to improve on their 8-26 record from a year ago. Last year Kayla McBride was the lone player of any consequence for the Stars.

Jefferson wanted to go home. She would have been a little better off had she gone to the Dallas Wings (only 18 miles or 33 minutes from her parent's Glen Heights Texas home vs. San Antonio which is 274 miles or 4 h 15 m from Glen Heights).
The Wings (Tulsa Shock) made the playoffs in 2015 for the first time in 6 years, finishing 2 games above .500. They lost in the Conference Semi-finals to Phoenix 0–2. The Wing's 2016 roster is not going to strike fear in any of their opponent's hearts. They've got an uphill climb in from of them this season as well.
It is one reason why I was surprised that the Stars seemed so determined to retain the #2 pick when they likely could have gotten a good starter and a high draft pick in exchange. They actually have three really good players with Robinson (out for the year) but they are all guards.

Carnac

Reaction Score
That is a painful truth. The Stars are bottoming out in the midst of a "rebuilding" cycle. They have gone, and will continue to go through some rough times. The Lynx, The Mercury (Taurasi is back), and the Liberty (won the most games in the regular season last year) are going to be sitting in the catbird seat this season. The Stars still need a lot of help. They'll have to do it through the draft. They only have a couple of players any team would want in a trade, and those two are untouchable. The Stars will no doubt finish in the second tier of the league again with a losing record, as their accent back to .500 will continue t be a slow and arduous one. It should not be too difficult to improve on their 8-26 record from a year ago. Last year Kayla McBride, Jia Perkins and Sophia Young-Malcolm were the only players to average double figures in scoring last season scoring 13.8, 13.5 and 11.5 respectively.

Correction: typo >assent should be ascent. Please pardon my slip of the finger, and my failure to catch it during my proof read. :confused:

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
The other t

The other truth is the SAS are in big financial difficulties. I wouldn't be surprised to see some major league "reorganization" in the next few years.

Carnac

Reaction Score
The other t

The other truth is the SAS are in big financial difficulties. I wouldn't be surprised to see some major league "reorganization" in the next few years.

Thanks JordyG, I didn't know that. I hope the SAS don't go the way of the Houston Comets.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Thanks JordyG, I didn't know that. I hope the SAS don't go the way of the Houston Comets.
I think I should have said "The other sad truth".

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
What's a roof red?

red-roof-inns-office.jpg

This? :D

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Tiffany vs Moriah in a tight one... back and forth #WatchESPN

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
no turnovers for Jefferson... 13 seconds down 2

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Jefferson assist to Appel (married name) for the tie... OVERTIME 61 apiece. 6 assist for Mo

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Jefferson assist to Appel (married name) for the tie... OVERTIME 61 apiece. 6 assist for Mo
Mo had only 4 points on 2-10 shooting, but she had 6 assists, 3 steals, and 0 turnovers. She'll be just fine.

TipHayes had 13 points on 6-9 shooting. Underrated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom