WNBA Mock Draft/ Sun Thoughts | The Boneyard

WNBA Mock Draft/ Sun Thoughts

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
I haven't seen any mock draft that puts Pheesa ahead of Lou, but I'm starting to wonder if Lou's injury history and lean build might make some GMs hesitant. Regarding the CT Sun, this draft has the Sun selecting Ezi Magbegor... nice thought, but the issue as always (especially with foreign players), is whether they'll buy into summering in Uncasville.

This will be a very polarized preseason for the Sun. Their 12 woman roster looks to be pretty set, so odds are it stays that way (yawn). If there are any changes it will likely be newsworthy (for a Sun fan at any rate). Who would get displaced by a new acquisition? Last year's top pick Lexie Brown, who sleep-walked through the 2018 season? Bri Jones who is a double-double machine in the EuroLeague? Has much-improved Rachel Banham reached her ceiling? I wouldn't rule out a significant trade either.

Howard Megdal's mock draft...
WNBA Mock Draft Big Board 5.0: Filling out rounds two and three

Reactions: Lee
Reaction Score
One of my favorite players, Pheesa likely a tough translation to the pro level by many teams. Most of her points come on lay ups by outrunning opposition down the court and on pick and rolls, neither of which will happen as much when players are bigger and faster than college.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
FWIW, On the Geno Show, in the last minute, Geno gives his opinion on draft positioning. Specifically, it is not always in the best interest od the player to be drafted high because you can land on a lousy team. In such a case, there is alot of losing and UConn players are not used to it so it is a tougher transition.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104
Top Bottom