WNBA mock draft 2023: Picks and player projections ahead of Tonight's Draft 7:00 pm ET ESPN | The Boneyard

WNBA mock draft 2023: Picks and player projections ahead of Tonight's Draft 7:00 pm ET ESPN

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
A little over a week after the LSU Tigers were crowned national champions, the WNBA will hold its annual draft Monday (7 p.m. ET, ESPN/ESPN App) as we find out where this season's rookies will start their pro careers.

On Thursday, the WNBA released its list of players who will be in 2023's final draft pool. ESPN analysts Rebecca Lobo and LaChina Robinson spoke with the media Thursday on draft prospects, as did WNBA coaches and executives from the Atlanta Dream, Indiana Fever, Dallas Wings and Minnesota Lynx. Here is the latest look at ESPN's first-round projection, plus a look at the second and third rounds.

Aliyah Boston (South Carolina) is slated to be the #1 overall pick to the Indiana Fever.
Lou Lopez-Senechal (UConn) is projected to be the 11th pick in the first round to the Dallas Wings. :D

Ex-Oregon forward Sedona Prince opts to transfer to TCU

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Hoping Lou ends up drafted by a team other than Dallas. In the first round they are projected to draft both Horston and Lou as shooting guards (and third player at that position in the third round). Couple that with the fact that Arike is so dominate in their offense, they are projected to draft Maddy Seigrist w/ their first pick and they have others on the roster that want the ball a lot - I just don't see it as a good match for Lou. I hope she actually goes to another team where they need her to be the player she can be at the next level! Maybe Dallas will surprise me this season and actually be good team to play for but that hasn't been the case going back to at least when Saniya Chong was drafted by them, IMO.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
I hope the team that drafts Lou will give her ample time to fully recover
from her knee issues...even if that requires not playing her at the start
of the season. She'll be worth their while if they are patient.

Hope Lou and Dorka go to the 'right' teams.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
THE FORGOTTEN HUSKY - Do you think Christyn Williams will play this year? I'm not even sure where she ended up, or what she;s been doing.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
Very, very excited for these two. They came to UConn to make a name for themselves and indeed they did. I am so proud how they fit in to our program and grew as players and people. They will be great ambassadors for our school, and they will be remembered as great Huskies.

Reaction Score
THE FORGOTTEN HUSKY - Do you think Christyn Williams will play this year? I'm not even sure where she ended up, or what she;s been doing.
Great question. I do hope that C-Dub can find a team. Not sure where she is or what she has been up to. I know a few months ago, she posted a video of her working out. I thought she was still attached to the Mystics but she is not on their roster. Check the WNBA site and she isn't listed..unless she is going by another name.

Reaction Score
Hoping Lou ends up drafted by a team other than Dallas. In the first round they are projected to draft both Horston and Lou as shooting guards (and third player at that position in the third round). Couple that with the fact that Arike is so dominate in their offense, they are projected to draft Maddy Seigrist w/ their first pick and they have others on the roster that want the ball a lot - I just don't see it as a good match for Lou. I hope she actually goes to another team where they need her to be the player she can be at the next level! Maybe Dallas will surprise me this season and actually be good team to play for but that hasn't been the case going back to at least when Saniya Chong was drafted by them, IMO.

I just hope that whatever teams Lou and Dorka get drafted by, they get a chance to compete and make the team.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Great question. I do hope that C-Dub can find a team. Not sure where she is or what she has been up to. I know a few months ago, she posted a video of her working out. I thought she was still attached to the Mystics but she is not on their roster. Check the WNBA site and she isn't listed..unless she is going by another name.
Wondering if Washington holds her rights, but doesn't have to put her on the roster until she's signed? Mystics have picks #4, #20 (2nd rd), and #32 (3rd rd).

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I believe she is still rehabbing and not ready for the season.
That’s too bad. She’ll get there eventually, though. I always felt like Christyn’s game translated well to the WNBA.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
1681138682120.png

I thought these were interesting. When you start to look at the metrics of the incredible success of productivity of the Connecticut women’s basketball program, it is mind blowing.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom