WNBA June 2019 Musings, scores, pictures, etc | The Boneyard

WNBA June 2019 Musings, scores, pictures, etc

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Lexie Brown Has Found A Home In Minnesota

Never been a fan of Coach Reeves before this season ..... but I thank her for rescuing Ms Brown from the woods of eastern CT :cool: That Lynx-Sparks game this past Saturday was a pure joy to watch for Duke WCBB fans. Brown with a career high in points... and Gray coming up big in the fourth quarter. I sacrificed my traditional Saturday afternoon nap to watch that game... but it was worth it.

Reaction Score
Lexie Brown Has Found A Home In Minnesota

Never been a fan of Coach Reeves before this season ..... but I thank her for rescuing Ms Brown from the woods of eastern CT :cool: That Lynx-Sparks game this past Saturday was a pure joy to watch for Duke WCBB fans. Brown with a career high in points... and Gray coming up big in the fourth quarter. I sacrificed my traditional Saturday afternoon nap to watch that game... but it was worth it.

I love the Lynx because of Maya, but I was happy to see Lexie doing her thing

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I saw the Sky/IN game and DD looks very strong. Her 3pt shooting is a revelation to me. Also, her consistency is getting much better. She will still have some spurts out of control but they are occurring less and less often, I am impressed.

Gabby had a pretty good game including a very nice end of 3Q buzzer beating drive to put the Sky up by 12.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Lynx vs Liberty on League Pass and YES network tonight 7PM. Hoping for a good Liberty win while Collier has a good game.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Karima is playing tonight, too, TDF.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
First meeting of the year between the Lynx and the Sun. Hope Lexie Brown drop's a couple of threes right in front of the Sun Coach...... then a few more right in front of the rest of the Sun bench.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Other games.

CBSSN has 2 games tonight

7PM Storm @Mystics

10PM Sparks @ Mercury

Also on League Pass

10:30 PM Liberty @ Aces in rematch. Lets go Liberty. :D

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
The Mystics-Storm game is heating up early. Kristi Toliver got upset at a no-call and got T'd up.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I like watching Alysha Clark. Very efficient player,

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
The Mystics-Storm game is heating up early. Kristi Toliver got upset at a no-call and got T'd up.

Tolliver 2nd T in Q1. Not even Draymond Green did it that fast. :rolleyes:

Plebe

Reaction Score
Whoa, Toliver with a soft 2nd technical, ejected for the night.

The Storm miss Stewie and Sue badly of course, but Canada and Russell have made the most of the opportunity and have shown tremendous improvement. Russell doesn't look anything like the player who played at the Graveyard of Talent formerly known as Tennessee.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Whoa, Toliver with a soft 2nd technical, ejected for the night.

The Storm miss Stewie and Sue badly of course, but Canada and Russell have made the most of the opportunity and have shown tremendous improvement. Russell doesn't look anything like the player who played at the Graveyard of Talent formerly known as Tennessee.

The storm have a lot of motion in their offense. MR looks good going to the basket. Does not have to post up unless she buries a guard.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Natasha Howard I believe was Most Improved in the league last year but was of course a complimentary piece rather than a star (she was huge in the Championship run though). This year with all the injuries she has been taking the next step and is producing at a high level--19.6 ppg and 9.1 rpg so far.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Natasha Howard I believe was Most Improved in the league last year but was of course a complimentary piece rather than a star (she was huge in the Championship run though). This year with all the injuries she has been taking the next step and is producing at a high level--19.6 ppg and 9.1 rpg so far.

Funny that her 3pt shooting which was a strength last year < 20% although she is 1-1 this game.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Funny that her 3pt shooting which was a strength last year < 20% although she is 1-1 this game.

Her overall shooting% is down as well. Not real surprising that her efficiency has decreased now that she is more of a focus of both the Storm offense and other team's defense.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Ah jeez. Canada is down. I'm not sure the backup PG the Storm signed recently has played yet but she might be about to.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Ah jeez. Canada is down. I'm not sure the backup PG the Storm signed recently has played yet but she might be about to.

Damn. Looks really serious.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Just confirmed as a left knee injury to Canada, won't return to the game.

Hopefully it's not the dreaded ACL. It was hard to tell exactly. There was no obvious buckle, but her left leg landed and bent awkwardly under her weight as she fell.

If she's unavailable for any significant stretch, this'll be a near death blow to the Storm's season.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Looked like Zellous was running to the PG to end the first half, and Whitcomb started Q3 at the PG, but Dietrich finally came in midway thru Q3.

Commentators talking a lot about the Mystics being without Toliver...without mentioning the Storm being w/out Bird and Canada. And one of them is speaking Canadian I think.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Yikes hope it isnt an ACL for Canada. This is a rough start to the season between injuries, sit outs and international commitments.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Looked like Zellous was running to the PG to end the first half, and Whitcomb started Q3 at the PG, but Dietrich finally came in midway thru Q3.

Commentators talking a lot about the Mystics being without Toliver...without mentioning the Storm being w/out Bird and Canada. And one of them is speaking Canadian I think.
Dietrick has actually played pretty well. First time I've seen her play in the W.

The Storm have fought back gamely, cut the deficit to 2 with under 1:30 to play. Could be an exciting finish.

Edit: Jewell Loyd with an 18 footer to take the lead (assist from Howard), and then Powers misses an open look on a 6-foot runner in the lane. Seattle really stole this one, somehow.

Last edited:

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Wow, I left to run some errands when the Mystics were up around 12 and it looked like it was about to turn into a blowout. I guess I was wrong.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Some time last week Mercedes Russell had a game w/ something like 13 points and 6 boards, I figured that must be her best game to date in the WNBA. Today she had 15 and 11, 7-9 from the floor. I saw her score 6 quick points in Q3 on a pair of O boards/putbacks and a nice half hook in the lane. I gotta think she is vastly improved from her rookie season. She's from the same town where my Mom grew up, although they didn't attend the same high school. Got one surviving grandparent and several aunts/uncles/cousins there as well.

Only 7-18 from the floor but another good game for Howard w/ 19 and 11.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Storm are in 2nd place without Bird or Stewart--who would've thought?? Russell looks much improved and Howard has blossomed into a top player. I hope Canada is okay but honestly they looked better without her today. Have never been overwhelmed by her decision making or shooting.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom