WNBA Draft Report Card | The Boneyard

WNBA Draft Report Card

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Sky - D-

Well, good to know it wasn't me just being a fan with inflated expectations. Hated that draft for Chicago.

Was hoping they would do something to excite me and compel me to re-up my season tickets. Far from it.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Sky - D-

Well, good to know it wasn't me just being a fan with inflated expectations. Hated that draft for Chicago.

Was hoping they would do something to excite me and compel me to re-up my season tickets. Far from it.

Which team do you think had the best draft? I expect ALL of the first rounders to make the cut. Who would you prefer the Sky to have taken (that was available when they were on the clock)?

Even though there is a lot of talent taken in the second round, I don't expect more than 3 -4 players to make their respective team.

Historically, NONE of the selections in the 3rd round make the cut. There are always exceptions to this trend.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Too busy/noisy/fracture a website for me to try to figure out. Of course, the more times you click something and don't get what you want, the site host gets what it wants -$.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Which team do you think had the best draft? I expect ALL of the first rounders to make the cut. Who would you prefer the Sky to have taken (that was available when they were on the clock)?

Even though there is a lot of talent taken in the second round, I don't expect more than 3 -4 players to make their respective team.

Historically, NONE of the selections in the 3rd round make the cut. There are always exceptions to this trend.

At #2, I would have preferred Gray, Coffey, or Walker-Kimbrough. Coates isn't a horrible pick but Chicago is set at center with Boyette and Dolson. I would have preferred any of the last three picks of the first round (Davis, Wiese, Alexis Jones) over Jankoska. I think Jankoska may be outclassed athletically in the WNBA and as the linked article notes, her ultimate fit is likely as a PG. Not an area of need for Chicago with Sloot and Faulkner on board.

I liked what San Antonio (Plum-Coffey) and Dallas (Akhator-Gray-Davis) did.

Reaction Score
At #2, I would have preferred Gray, Coffey, or Walker-Kimbrough. Coates isn't a horrible pick but Chicago is set at center with Boyette and Dolson. I would have preferred any of the last three picks of the first round (Davis, Wiese, Alexis Jones) over Jankoska. I think Jankoska may be outclassed athletically in the WNBA and as the linked article notes, her ultimate fit is likely as a PG. Not an area of need for Chicago with Sloot and Faulkner on board.

I liked what San Antonio (Plum-Coffey) and Dallas (Akhator-Gray-Davis) did.
Coates isn't a truly horrible pick but out of all of the first rounders I see her as the likely first one out. It's true you can't teach size but that's always seemed to be her most proficient skill, being tall and in the way and she's not going to be able to rely on that anymore.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom