WNBA Draft Preview | The Boneyard

WNBA Draft Preview

Reaction Score

It doesn't look like that exciting a draft, and with so many players (one imagines and hopes) returning to the league after a 2020 away (EDD, Tina, Chiney, Renee, Cambage, Plum, Tiffany, Durr, Maya, Toliver, Jonquel, etc.), it might be tough for most of them even to make a roster.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Yup-

If there was ever a year where having the #1 or #6 pick didn't make a difference, this is the year.

Reaction Score
On the Liberty alone.....Sabrina Ionescu (injury). Asia Durr (injury), Rebecca Allen, Marine Johannes, and Han Xu. Add Walker with Covid. I think Charli Collier can make a difference as a #1 pick if she chooses to enter the draft and the Liberty select her. I know a lot of people are down on the Liberty and their new coach, but they played six or seven rookies last year and did hold their own at times against some of the better teams. Keeping my cup half full (again) this year but players have to stay healthy and other have to return to the team. BTW, Johannes (France) is arguably the most exciting player in the league to watch. Lots of YouTube evidence if you need it.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Anyone heard anything about Asia Durr's health?? I see her on twitter following Louisville

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
It doesn't look like that exciting a draft, and with so many players (one imagines and hopes) returning to the league after a 2020 away (EDD, Tina, Chiney, Renee, Cambage, Plum, Tiffany, Durr, Maya, Toliver, Jonquel, etc.), it might be tough for most of them even to make a roster.
Fingers crossed on Maya!

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
On the Liberty alone.....Sabrina Ionescu (injury). Asia Durr (injury), Rebecca Allen, Marine Johannes, and Han Xu. Add Walker with Covid. I think Charli Collier can make a difference as a #1 pick if she chooses to enter the draft and the Liberty select her. I know a lot of people are down on the Liberty and their new coach, but they played six or seven rookies last year and did hold their own at times against some of the better teams. Keeping my cup half full (again) this year but players have to stay healthy and other have to return to the team. BTW, Johannes (France) is arguably the most exciting player in the league to watch. Lots of YouTube evidence if you need it.

Are you sure about Collier? She disappeared in the second half (didn’t score) of their loss to Texas A&M. I’d be more interested in the the player that was guarding her, N’dea Jones. That was one game. Let’s see how she does over the entire season. In fairness, that TAM game might be her worst of the season, and should be judged accordingly.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom